Loading the .22lr Savage magazine is chopping up my thumbs.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Vincine, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I’ve a Savage Mk II. It uses curved magazines. They have SHARP edges. Pushing down the rounds to load the last few cartridges, HURT. I haven’t seen any .22lr magazine loading devices that show them being used with the curved ten round .22lr magazines. Before I go reinvent the wheel, anybody already solve this? Nothing showed up on the search.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Read up on the Jukermatic Plunger...
    it can be made/modded to fit a savage mag :)

3. roscoguy

roscoguy New Member

None of mine have sharp edges, but if they did I'd probably sand, stone or file 'em before looking for a loader. Your magazines should not cut you. :eek:

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Perhaps 'sharp' is an overstatement. But it does hurt when your (my) thumb is trying to push the rounds down after some have already been loaded.

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

After extensive consultation some of the finest minds in the firearms business, and exhaustive review of all the details and issues involved in the problem, a solution has presented itself that will mitigate the pain and difficulty of loading the Savage MkII magazine. That solution is;
    Gloves!

I just now tested a special pair of red knit gloves with rubber palms & fingers that have performed superbly in the loading of the MkII magazine.

These gloves, previously available in one’s local ‘dollar store’ can now be had from me for only $19.95.

Call NOW! Operators are waiting to take your money.

6. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Could always take a Dremel to it and smooth it out some.