Loading new magazines / Sig P220

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by oneanddone, Mar 13, 2010.

1. oneanddone

oneanddone New Member

I just got a new Sig P220 and the 8 round mags are very hard to load. I get about 5 rounds in them and can barely get another round in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Sig mags are usually pretty tight with very strong springs. That said, only getting 5 in seems a little on the extreme side. You could try a mag loader. If you buy extra mags, maybe look into Mec-Gar mags for your Sig. They'll cost about 30% less than factory mags, often hold a couple more rounds, have a nice tight fit, and are much easier to load.

3. oneanddone

oneanddone New Member

Any suggestions on where to get those mags & mag loader from ?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. WDB

WDB New Member

Cheaper than dirt should have the mag loader and the mags cabeleas

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Yes, I know that Cabela's has them.
    [​IMG]

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

Your mags will break in. My 220 mags were the same - thumb biters the first 4 times out. Never used the loaders cane posted but they look good good. That last round can be a buggar to get in but it does go.

Next to the 1911 my 220 is my favorite to shoot. Solid, great ergos. <mine is just the standard with rail but there is a police trade in that I am eyeing this weekend...>

8. oneanddone

oneanddone New Member

Appreciate all the info. I reloaded them a few times and I was able to force the 8th round in. I'm just going to let them sit with all in, to see if that loosens up the spring a little.
    I saw the video on the uplula speed loader. I can see that I'll be getting one of those.
    Thanks

9. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

10. Car54

Car54 New Member

Another vote for the UPLULA

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Hey, he's on record as having a favorable opinion of the Croatian Sensation, too!
    While loading assists like that do work, mag springs do break in, so tough it out, accept the callouses, and punch that stuff in bareback.