Loading cast bullet questions...

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by partdeux, Mar 1, 2012.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I "thought" I was going to pass on the used 650 and get a 550 kit...

Looking at Dardas cast bullet site
    Are the Dillon dies really that bad to load unplated bullets? The owner of Dardas, Matt told me that $100 off the price of a used (well used...) was a fantastic deal and I should jump on it.

I am still so confused, LOL

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I load cast bullets all the time. Heck that is almost all I use. I use Lee, Lyman and RCBS. I have never had a problem with any of them.

3. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Never had a problem with cast bullets and Dillon dies. Well into seven figures and still going, several different calibers of course.

Jim........

4. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I load cast all the time with my both my Dillon all the time. In fact when you load cast, lube tends to build up in the dies with the dillon just pull a pin and you can clean them without screwing up your settings.

5. partdeux

Thank you for the responses. I also asked Brian Enos his opinion, he called BS stating he's never heard a single complaint.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The M die may be nice for rifles, but unnecessary for pistols. I do not use the M die in any caliber. I put a generous chamfer on the mouth of all rifle brass I am loading with a cast bullet to ease seating.

Sounds like someone is trying to sell you something you really do not need

7. partdeux

here's the irony, he doesn't sell the dies, he only sells the bullets... people that use his bullet said they are pleased with the quality.