Loading bench ideas?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Jim1611, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

I'm going to build a new loading bench and was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas or pictures to share.

Thanks
    Jim

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

here is my reloading/gun room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes my fishing rod is pink

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I've been looking at the Harbor Freight wooden work bench for use as a reloading bench/gun work bench. The one set up in the store seems pretty stable and the cost seems like it is well worth the price. At least the last time I saw it on sale, don't know what it is going for now.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

This is what I used for mine, has held up well and not very expensive. Just add wood and the ability to follow instructions.

2 x 4 Basics

5. alxltd1

alxltd1 New Member

My gun/reloading room:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  6. towboater

towboater Active Member

Nice setups... I'd better get to work on mine. It's a mess.

7. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Yes these are nice! Thanks for the pictures.

8. ransom63

ransom63 New Member

I built mine of 2x4s, 3/4" oak plywood& anchored it all together with deck & joist plates & 2" long wood screws. The bench & legs are anchored into the floor & wall....no flex in this bench! The top is 22" wide with the shorter length being 6' into the corner & the long length is 8' into the corner. from floor to bench top is 32". I also put the lower shelves in for storage.

Attached Files:

9. hogrider

hogrider New Member

Reloading Bench

Mine is just an old metal office desk I bolted a sheet of 3/4 plywood to. Gets the job done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  10. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Thanks guys! I sure appreciate the pictures of what you all have come up with. It's giving me the ideas I want for mine!!!

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

You catch hell for that pink rod everytime you post that pic. Although a pink rod is something id expect from somebody whos avatar is an ass kisser;) just razzin you jon