Firearms Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Big001,
Trigger job is the best thing and first thing a person should do for accuracy.
Truer words were never spoken. I bought/traded for a Kimber stainless 1911 from a friend who told me when I bought gun that the reason he was selling/trading it that (he warned me) it was the most inaccurate 45 he had ever owned. I took a feel of the trigger and it was kinda like a two stag when you pulled it felt like it was going to off and the trigger stopped and you had to pull harder to drop the hammer. I got the gun home did the trigger and the first three shots at 25 yards off sand bags yielded me a Micky Mouse face with no center. I have 5 or 6 1911 style guns and none shoot any better than this one. Same goes for a rifle, it is difficult if not impossible to shoot a decent group (under an inch) at a hundred yards with a 8 pound trigger. As for molds I used to years ago have a set of Hensley Gibbs in 38 that I think I bought from Andrew Jackson. LOL I have always used LBT and I shoot a 230 grain round nose behind 7 grains of Unique that goes more than 900 fps and they are dead accurate. For carry I use the same powder charge but with 230 jacketed hollow points.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.