Loaded question

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by David26, Apr 30, 2009.

1. David26

David26 New Member

After seeing a pic of someone in a pickup bed with a beer and that nice melow look on his face then metioning the pistol in there waist band (not goin to bring up any name)it brings up the question in my mind how many leave the roscoe behind when they go out for a few drinks and how many pack it no matter what.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

It's easy for me to answer because I don't drink-save for a couple beer when I'm grilling out at home. I ALWAYS carry anytime I step out the door.

3. Taipan

Taipan New Member

I carry a can, or I carry a gun...never both.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't "go out drinking". I, too, may have a couple at the house but I do not go out to imbibe. There is too much to lose these days.

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I agree with that!

6. David26

David26 New Member

Guess i can give my answer. I will leave my piece behind if i go out to drink but have had a drink with dinner while I was carrying and if i am already out and the party begins Iam not past going off on my own and unloading it and givin the ammo to my wife to hold.

7. WDB

WDB New Member

+1 with what Robo had to say. It would be bad enough getting busted for being drunk driving or drunk in public but to also have a firearm on you even with a premit I expect will add more charges. Also in most states it's illegal to carry a firearm in a bar/club.

8. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

For one I dont go out drinking. I dont waste my money at bars. And yes that is me in my truck, in my yard with a beer in my hand. That is if this is the pic you are talking about David26. And I am sitting in the hood of a Dodge w350 rebuilding the top side of the engine.

[​IMG]

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I don't walk out the door without it, I even take it to work (although I have to leave it in my truck). I've taken mine in bars before, you never know who will start a barfight. My local watering hole is like the bar in Roadhouse, it can be pretty rough.

10. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I don't have any reason to go to bars. I don't need to drink to have fun. I can't afford to waist the money.

11. Slawth

Slawth New Member

I have long outgrown bar hopping but on occasion will have a drink if we are out to dinner. Other than on an airplane or in my home, I always have my sidearm.

One of the commitments of carrying (for me) is being in a state of constant awareness of what is going on in my surroundings, especially in places where the public gathers. You can not possibly achieve this if you are under the influence. If I ever ended up in the situation where I had to use my gun but was too sloppy and ended up with a family member of friend dead I could not live with it. (If I didn't go and get dead myself...)

12. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I don't go out drinking at bars, just not my style. I will have a couple beers after a round of golf, in which case I leave my gun at home. Who wants to carry on a golf course anyways.

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Just put the 12 guage in the bag with a club head cover over the stock.
    Next yahoo that hits up into your group will be sorry!:D

14. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Alcohol and guns; I think it's a bad combination...

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

LOL! Thats a great idea! I would love to see the look on some a$$holes face if I did that.

16. 1861

1861 New Member

I haven't drank in nigh on 20 years , but when I dress in the morning my holster and revolver are part of it . They come off when I return to bed.

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

How to put this.......I don't lock up my firearms when I'm having a beer, because nobody makes a safe which can survive that sort of abuse. Lawnmowers aren't designed to put up with that many rotations, let alone a safe.
    Legally, on your own property, a guy (Or gal) can do what he or she wants. Personally, I'd have a beer with a gun on my hip/in my waistband, but I wouldn't work on an engine, because it would be uncomfortable AND could lead to damage of the gun. I have a pretty good buzz right now, ( I am currently enjoying 8-hour weekends due to work) and have loaded firearms just a few steps away. As long as they don't jump down and shoot somebody, everything is copacetic.

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

You have obviously never played a round with an uncontrollable talker. Two weeks ago, it didn't matter if I was in my backswing or taking a leak in the Mexican Space Shuttle, #3 would NOT shut his cake-hole. To top it all off, he shot a 40 on the front 9. :eek:

19. gosgirl

gosgirl New Member

It is easy for me.

20. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Well, I do. I want to be %100 fast/on target when I need to use my firearm. I'm pretty sure the media would have a field day with you if you missed your target, worse case scenario, hit an innocent bystander, and then blew a .05 at the station. Alcohol and guns are a bad combination.