Loaded firearms

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by chewchew, Nov 6, 2011.

1. chewchew

chewchew New Member

How many loaded firearms do you have in your home and auto?
    I have at least one in each room of my house including 4 bathrooms. I have three in my bedroom, a colt 45 beside my bed and another one in my bath and a 12 gauge spas under my bed. I keep a Colt cobra 38 cal in my wifes car and a Colt mustang in mine and a colt 45 in my truck and my daughters have 380's in there cars, and we all have concealed carry permits. I have an ADT security system in my home and an electronic security system (cameras included) around my property with an invisable fence containing a trained German shepherd guard dog.
    We don't get very many visitors.

2. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I bet not LOL.

3. homedefender

homedefender New Member

All the guns are always loaded (unless being cleaned) around my house. Even the ones in the safes.

4. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I thought about the gun in every room thing, but decided against it, because it is just as easy for a burglar to find one of them as it is for him/her/it to find silverware or other stuff to steal. I decided to keep a shotgun in my bedroom, and a handgun on my person in a holster or a pocket when I am home, as well as when I go out. If I have to go to the head at night I have a gun in my hand. It is better to have a single gun immediately available than to have one stashed in the room. You may be 15 feet away from the hiding place when you discover a perp right behind you. "Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me". :D

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I only own 8 modern firearms-
    8 of them are loaded :rolleyes:

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I keep two loaded shotguns in the house, my hd shotgun in the closet (pardner pump with top folder loaded with 00 buck) and my 870 express in the safe.

Also got a loaded bersa .380 in the kitchen/living room area and a .45 on me or in the truck

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Keeping guns loaded in your house really depends on who is in your house. If you have kids it could still be fine but trouble might happen if they bring friends home. Any visitors to your home can be possible trouble if they happen to find one of your guns. That said there is still the fact that an unloaded gun is just another hunk of metal.

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

All my firearms are kept loaded except for my Arisaka Type 38, Springfield Trapdoor, Mosin Nagant M91/30, and Lee Enfield. That includes my SR9c, Springfield 1911A1 Mil-Spec, Remington Sportsman 58, Winchester Model 1894, and my Grandfather's .22 revolver.

9. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

This reminds me of Jeff Coopers home in Paulden, Arizona.....guns everywhere and all were loaded!!

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yes, that point shud have come up sooner- Myself no kids :rolleyes:

11. gollygee

gollygee New Member

One on me & sometimes a back up in the night table by the bed. The others are loaded, but in the fire safe. If we have to evacuate in a hurry because of fire danger, won't have time to gather them all up.

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

OP, is that really necessary? If you live in that crappy of a neighborhood, you have to move.

Really? You need a loaded gun to take a ****? LOL No offense intended........:)

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Really? You need a loaded gun to take a ****? LOL No offense intended........
    There've been several home invasions within a few blocks of my home in the last few weeks. Not crack houses, just old people who may have prescription drugs in the house. I'm an old guy, diabetic, had a stroke in June. I have pretty well recovered, but take 4 shots of Insulin and several pills per day to keep me functional enough to have a job and go to church. I own my home, and live in a decent neighborhood. I don't think they'd be after the Insulin, but I'm visibly an old geezer who walks kinda slow, and may be considered an easy target. A few nights ago, when I came home from work, it was dark, and I passed 2 sherrif deputie's cars using there spotlights and driving slowly thru the neighborhood. After I pulled into my garage and was getting out of my car, a young man, maybe 18-20 yrs old popped into my garage and demanded that I give him a ride out of the neighborhood. I got out my cell phone and dialed 911. The guy and I were both lucky that he decided to do a disappearing act instead of pursuing the issue. I looked down the street and there were 3 of them hightailing it away. So, yes I'm paranoid.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Every gun is loaded even when they are empty. 1st safety rule.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

the one on my hip is loaded 24/7, and it doesn't have mag springs to be needlessly worried about (I know it doesn't hurt to keep them loaded, but people worry about that anyway). The only time it gets unloaded is for cleaning. I have no need to have multiple loaded guns in each room, because when I enter a room, I carry it with me. My rifle does not stay loaded, as it's not really suitable for HD IMO, MN 91/30.

16. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

I also only have 1 loaded gun and it is on my side at all time, except when I am sleeping. Then it is on my nightstand, still loaded.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

In addition, when wearing my crown and sitting on the throne, it's around my ankles with the rest of my pants. When showering, it's on top of the toilet tank (which has a handy dandy non slip pad for the wifey's WC decorations).

18. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

My EDC weapon stays loaded and so does a handgun that I keep on me when I'm home but all others are usually unloaded and put away.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

19. chewchew

chewchew New Member

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Pendleton, South Carolina....................................
    I thought that name sounded familiar. I was traveling from Charlotte N C to Atlanta Ga on interstate 85 about 2300 when I stopped at the rest area in Pendleton. While in my stall, I noticed a head looking under my stall. Very carfully I kicked him in the teeth and he ran outside an dissappeared.
    Three days later I stopped at the northbound rest area in Pendleton about 1600 and sitting outside in a car with long stringy hair and a busted mouth was guess who......So yes...if you live in Pendelton, you might want to take a gun to the head.

20. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Wow, I would carry it to the bathroom, too...