Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
26,938 Posts
Llama went back to about 19 ought sometime (called Gabilando then). Some of their guns were pretty good. Some were OK- quality of steel seemed to vary a lot. Unfortunately, Llama is no more- so parts will be from organ donor guns or the few spare parts in circulation. But you would have a hard time buying a .22 rifle for $150. Depends on the condition, but not a real bad price.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I had one that I paid $150 for about 20 years ago. Decent gun. Reliable, but probably did not put more than 200 rounds through it, ever. I gave it to an uncle who was unable to rack the slide on his blowback .380. The locked breach Llama was far easier to operate.

I did find that only full power ammo worked. Light handloads were a no go. Only max loads would operate the action reliably

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yep, llama made some great guns and some okay guns, depending on year produced. Either way I'd proudly buy one, especially for 150!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have one i run fmjs through all the time its an odd little gun with the felt recoil of a 22mag. I love mine

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
For a buck and a half ill buy it if you don't want it. It looks like a nice design and I have plenty of .380 ammo. Sad to say that today it's a pricey caliber to buy as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Never had a autoloader but I had a Llama 38spl. revolver called a Comanche taken in a trade deal and recently sold it at a auction for $250. But IMO it could be compared to a Rohm. Never fired it but I did make a few bucks on the deal.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Generally, I have never cared for Llama firearms; however about 15 years ago I had a Llama .380 (I forget the model number -- the one that looked sorta like a mini 1911) offered to me at an absurdly low price, so low I could not resist. It turned out to be a pretty nice little gun. My biggest worry about a Llama automatic was feeding reliably, but, while it won't feed self defense rounds like Hydra Shoks, it will run through hardball all day without a miss.

I don't really like mouse guns, wouldn't carry a .380 for self defense purposes unless I had no other options . . . don't really have a use for this gun, but I've grown sorta fond of the homely little thing.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Llama is a good gun, go for it. You can always resell for what you paid..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts