"Livin' for the Apocalypse"

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by CA357, Aug 23, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe. ;)

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I shall have to look up the times as that will be interesting to see. Thanks for the post.

3. MLRDist

MLRDist New Member

Looks like it will be on at 10pm on the East Coast not sure out where you live.

Mark

MLR Distributing

4. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?

5. CA357

Actually, I think we're pretty much there in a number of ways. Of course, there is only One who knows.

6. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon. We'd see wormwood coming.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

I agree. But it is also pretty clear the potential for some chaos around the dollar faltering is pretty high right now.

The point to prepping may have started out of concern over Bad Things[tm] happening, but now it has morphed into just a sane way to live. You can mitigate a whole bunch of bad things with a little planning and forethought, up to and including a zombie apocalypse.

The idea of "living FOR the apocalypse" is a little goofy. By prepping, you hope to avoid it. :) It's the idiot "kitchenistas" and other urban screwtards who give no thought at all to "what if...?" that will be hit the hardest if something happens.

8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Augh.......

Do you see into the future,,,, I do..... US... Hurricane to hit East coast..... Hells coming to pay a visit..... Shoot all Looters on Site.......

9. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly then. I'm a tad bit of a survivalist. There aren't many situations where I don't know all the exits, possible weapons, choke points, distractions, etc. I don't go out and stock up mainly because I can't afford it, but I know where and how I can get everything I need to live a couple months comfortably when I'm at home, and I've always been at home in the wilderness. I tend to believe that prepping your physical self is better than getting the materials.

10. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

Interesting. Normally the History channel is pretty supporting of the 'Sane Right" as far as past-times and thinking patterns go, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a "make fun of everyone who doesn't depend 100% on the government" kind of thing.

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will schedule it on my DVR.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Every age has their bits from the Old Testement. If you lived in Spain during the inquisition, you may have felt the end was near. If you had lived in Virginia during the War of Norther Agression, you would have thought the same. Or maybe France in 1918, or Poland in 1941.

Every day is one day closer to your personal end, the interesting thing is we never know where we are on our journey. Maybe we should have mileposts.

13. CA357

Bumping this for the weekend. The show's on tomorrow evening.

14. OC357

OC357 New Member

Thanks for pointing this out. I will try to watch it.

OC

15. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Irene a Pharte in the wind.........

Just one little Hurricane and look at whats happening in the north...... In just two days the foods gone, the bottled waters gone..... hell you can't even buy a flash liight, much less the batteries......What will you do when it really hits the fan...... Be prepared, and be safe.....:)

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Maybe we do have mileposts.

Can you say situational awareness?

It's that thing the Nanny-State refuses to teach its wards.

17. CA357

It's tonight if you want to watch. Although TLC does repeat some shows.

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

19. bkt

bkt New Member

Screw it. I'm not wasting my time. If they're putting on douche bags who think the world's gonna end in 2012 from "all these prophecies" then that's crap and it mocks folks who are looking at legitimate, real goings-on who are taking intelligent steps to mitigate potential problems based on what's happening. The show should be about how prepping is beneficial when nothing goes wrong or when something does. But, as is so often the case, the media thinks it will attract more viewers with the extreme b.s. than with what normal folks are doing.

20. CA357

The media will do what the media does and their bias doesn't change fact. It looks worthwhile enough to watch and I'm always happy to learn something new.