Little Pony

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by NGIB, Feb 23, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This afternoon I'm set to meet up for yet another gun swap and I'll be getting something I've never owned & shot before - A Colt Mark IV, Series 80 Officer's ACP. It's the all steel version and I think it dates to the late 80's or so. Has some finish wear but it looks solid. A fella in Savannah listed it on a local forum and specified something I had (and can live without) as one of the trade interests. Dollar wise I'll end up with a shade over $500 in this one, probably more than it's worth but is is a Colt...

(Yes, I'll post pix tonight if the deal goes through)

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

After I told you I was offered a Colt you had to go get one of your own didn't you?

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The fella is actually asking to much for it but I don't have near as much in the gun I'm trading as most folks would. Ain't had a Pony since I sold my Commander and this one will be something I've never had before...

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Can't wait to see the pics!

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds interesting. Please post some pics later.

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Made the deal this evening and got the little pony home. Gave it a quick clean up and I'm happy with the deal I made. Kind of hard to go wrong with a Colt for less than $550. As promised - a picture...

[​IMG]

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

B..E..A..utiful!!

Added to my gun bucket list, which is now so long; I may not live long enough to get them all!

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This one is going to need some trigger work as the pull is a bit tough right now. I also need to go through my parts box and see if I have a long trigger to put in it as that is my preference. All in all, nice to have a Colt back in the fold...

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. Range report next please. :cool:

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Seriously sir, you actually expect me to keep this one long enough to shoot it? :D

Probably have to keep this though, if I deal away another Colt I suspect "The Dude" will hit me with a hamster...:eek:

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I had one of those till just not to long ago. They are very nice shooters. I paid around the same for mine but got an offer of 650.00 and let it go. I really didn't need it but I kind of still wish I had it still.

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

She is so cute!!!

14. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Well now you have two officer models.... Whatcha gonna do with two??? :D

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Carry them both with 6 mags taped to my ankles! The Colt is a heavy little gun, cute but heavy. Already put a long trigger in it - wish I would have had a black one but an aluminum 3 hole has to do for now...