little gadget I made to use this gun for pocket carry

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by purehavoc, Jul 8, 2014.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I made this over the weekend . I like to carry this little DB9 when I need something light for shorts to pocket carry. This gun has zero safetys so im skeptical carrying it some times. This little gadget works pretty good , its solid yet installs back on very easy .[​IMG]

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

that is an excellent idea. but how do you draw and get the gun in action without a bunch of fiddling??

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I like the design for pocket carry but Jon has a good point. I wonder how it compares speed-wise with empty chamber/rack slide. (I'm not saying that's ideal of course.)

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fV7Lkgjj0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I honestly wouldnt care about pocket carry with it if it was double action like the LC9 But it is striker fired with a little bit longer trigger pull than the striker fired standard of most

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  7. JonM

JonM Moderator

could you attach the dongle line to a belt loop so it pops off on the draw?? that extra motion finding a swinging string will be next to impossible to do fast under adrenaline fight or flight stress

i love the idea i dont like the remove it with an extra move thing.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I suppose it could be . The string is pretty stiff but I understand what your saying . Maybe tied through a belt loop or belt . Thats something i will have to think about

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Your right but any smart person is going to clean their carry weapon often to prevent a issue

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Your right but any smart person is going to clean their carry weapon often to prevent a issue

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I might clean my Glock this year, maybe. Yawn! :p

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Yours is an interesting solution, but in removing the added safety, you are pointing the muzzle at your arm. Under stress, you might receive the first round as a SIW.

14. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I like your idea purehavoc, the longer cord looped around a belt is a sound amendment. My other concern would be pistol presentation to the hand, that is one of the main advantages of a pocket holster, you know the gun will remain in it's original position and handy to deploy.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Could happen yes but since you cant get your finger on the trigger until the cover is removed chances are highly unlikely since your pulling it back and away from the gun . It actually works best and is easier to remove when pulled down. Which will help eliminate this issue.
    I will mess around with it tonight and see how it works when attached to a belt loop or belt. My only concerns about making a longer pull cord to do this is it getting hung up on the front sight, around the grip, trigger area, slide ,etc . I have made the cord just long enough now that it cant get hung up in any of that stuff .

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

It can be hard to keep a handgun up right in many pockets with out a holster. that has a little extra width at the bottom too. They can help to smooth a pockets look too.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think i cleaned my lcp 3 months ago... its in my pocket all day everyday. i shot it weekend before last with the rounds in the gun flawless function yet again.

big puff of lint on the first shot but no fte ftf.

if it ever fails on these extended periods of pocket riding between shoots without cleaning or lube i will be greatly surprised.

its in my pocket when im getting super sweaty working in the yard and doesnt miss a tick when i shoot it.

anyway why not make it like a solid piece that clips to the belt extends to the pocket so when you pull it pops out. kinda like a longer strip of kydex going from the belt into the pocket. just tossing ideas

18. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Tie the lanyard around your dick, so when you yank the pistol, the plastic thing comes off and stays in your pocket. Sorry, JK, couldn't resist. It's late.:D

19. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Well I don't know how you guys have so much lint in your pockets, shag pants? Who knows, anyways a simple idea without getting a longer lanyard is to put a safety pin in the very bottom of your pocket and put the lanyard through it so when you pull the pistol the clip stays with your pocket, recovering the trigger will be easy since your pocket will be inside out. Yes you will look silly gun fighting with your pocket hanging out but you will hopefully be alive.

I am looking to get my hands on a db9 soon and this is something I would not mind having, I would feel betting with the trigger gaurd as the gun bounces around my glove box.

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Cleaning is essential to ANY carry gun. My G-20C gets carried daily. 40 hrs a week in a duty belt holster and the rest in a Desantis Tuck This IWB holster. I clean it monthly (when not shot) and am always amazed at the amount of dust/lint. Never enough to cause a real issue, but multiplied X 12? It could be significant