little adventure

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jjfuller1, Sep 24, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so the plan was origionally for 2 nights but that didnt pan out. my friend and i are going to go hiking into some state forest, camp overnight and small game hunt all day. kinda stinks that its been getting down into the low 40's overnight but oh well. i'll have my sleepig bag and layers... kicking myself for not picking up my military sleep system at the gunshow when i had the chance. hopefully i'll have a few pictures to share when i get home. going this friday n saturday. double checked my .22 zero yesterday its dead on at 50yards. now i just hope we see some critters.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Packed and ready minus food n water

Attached Files:

3. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Have fun. Usually cooler weather helps when hunting because the critters seem to be more active, so maybe that's a good thing.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a zero bag that I have had for around 8 yrs and I love it , I went deer hunting and stayed in a tent we had sleet and snow for our first 2 days and the temps dropped to about 20- 25 deg , All I had was long johns on in the bag and stayed more than plenty warm.

5. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

That sounds like a great time. Looking forward to the outcome.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool. Keep us in the loop.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well had some fun. it was pretty wet most of friday but wasnt too bad. around 3am i was very glad i had my bulky sleeping bag after all. i had my whole body in it. saturday brought a busy time. 2 squirrels and a chipmunk. my buddy took about 5 chipmunks and 3 squirrels. plus one that got away. he shot, it dropped out of the tree. we both searched and could not find it.... cant wait to do it again.

Attached Files:

8. tri70

tri70 New Member

Nice pictures! Did you have a tent? I have taken groups of kids out to a local lake and park area and always had a blast!

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

No tent. Sleeping bags.