List some movies you have just seen.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NymphoGnome, Mar 17, 2010.

1. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

Pretty simple stuff, give a score if you like to as well.

Visioneers - 7.5/10. very different kind of black comedy, I enjoyed it very much!

Eraserhead - 4/10. I enjoyed the effort on the art direction, but there was nothing tangible in this film what so ever.

2. MGH

MGH New Member

Requiem for a Dream 7/10 I had to watch it for my psych. class. The last scene was crazy!

3. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I love that movie, If you have the chance to see Pi, do so, it is great!

Michael Moore hates America - 8/10.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Never thought I'd see someone in this forum rate a Michael Moore movie so high. He's a POS.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I went and saw Cop Out and Green Zone today.

Cop Out was good IF you are a Kevin Smith fan and enjoy witty dialogue that goes outside the movie you are watching.

Green Zone was.... well. I am not sure. I fell asleep. Twice. Then I woke up for the last 45 minutes where the "writer(s)" decided that the Iraq War was all about one source telling information to a low level employee of the Defense Department who spun it to incite the US Government to go to war.

So, yeah, it was all a slightly masked political statement that wasn't really that good or interesting.

I give Cop Out a solid 7.5 or 8 and I give Green Zone about a 5.

6. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

"The Wrestler". I'm torn between giving it a 9 or a 10 on the Gork-O-Meter. I rate it above "Gran Torino", and I loved "Gran Torino". Clintwood films have always been....let's be honest: Hokey. Formulaic. You don't experience them, you just watch them.
    "The Wrestler" finds an inroad. Nerves are touched.

A 10 to me is "The Meaning of Life", "The Passions of the Christ", "Faust", "Metropolis", and "Deep Inside Vanessa DelRio". :D

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Lord of War
    Bolt
    Zombieland
    Up

8. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

just watched Law abiding citizen and X-men origins: Wolverine.
    Law Abiding Citizen = 8.5/10
    x-men origins: Wolverine= 9/10

both good action flicks, law abiding citizen could have been a lil better, ending was decent though.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

2012 5/10 - Halfway through I was hoping the world would end before the movie was over.

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

May need to recalibrate, I don't think a 10 would even register with Vanessa :eek:

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Law Abiding Citizen 7/10

2012 7/10

I'm going to watch boondock saints 1&2 this weekend because I haven't seen either. Don't spoil it. :)

12. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

It's an ANTI- Michael Moore film. :D

Shows a lot about how he, lied through Bowling for columbine.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  13. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

"The Wrester" is a great film, If you want another film by the same director, I strongly recommend "The Fountain."

I can't wait to see "Crazy Heart" it seem similar to "The Wrestler." But with a broke down country musician.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Zombieland. 15/10 epic, funny, zombie killing, and it had Bill Murry in it.

Inglourious Basterds 8/10 good movie i wish there were more nazi killin but it was a odd flick of course every tarantino flick is odd to say the least.

Angles and Demons 9/10 great movie all around

The Da Vinci Code 9/10 another great Tom Hanks Film.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 10/10 I loved the book and I loved the movie. Wife though it was stupid but she doesn't understand good movies unless they have flowers and girlly stuff in them.

District 9 -99/10 That was the biggest waste of film and money I have ever seen. The acting was piss poor at best the directing was horrible the special affects were not at all spectacular. It was just an anti white movie that used aliens and not African actors. I wanted the alien weapons to shoot me in the head and make it blow up by the time I stopped watching the movie. OMG that was bad.

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The last one I watched was "The Hurt Locker". Didn't portray soldiers as evil baby killing idiots although they did go a little over the top. Enjoyable movie: 8.5/10

Agree with Tango about Zombieland - can't go wrong with zombie killing flicks...

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

"Mystic River" was formulaic to you?

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Then I'm all over it. Any time I see his name I just see red.

18. NymphoGnome

NymphoGnome New Member

I think what people forget when watching this movie is it isn't an accurate portrayal of our USMC, and that it is a movie, (not saying you were saying that). I loved every aspect of this movie, and I am still ecstatic it won best film over the over pretentious, dances with wolves rip off turned video game trailer stretched to a full length movie. 9.8/10

19. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Ah, they were Army folks and not USMC. I've known some EOD folks in my time and while they are a tad "different" they were not as over the top as the hero of this one...

20. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Last movies I've seen recently:

Alice in Wonderland: 7/10
    Zombieland: 10/10
    Inglorious Basterds: 8/10