Lionheart Industries

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by rockratt, Mar 2, 2013.

1. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone on here know anything about Lionheart Industries and specificly the LH9. I guess what I want to know is are they made in the USA and what kind of quality. Thank you in advance!!!!:)

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. rockratt

They were new to me as well. A guy that works for me's dad sold a Taurus to buy one. Said it was the smothest hand gun he had ever owned.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I think the LH pistols are Korean, made by Daewoo.

Does this look familiar, it is a Daewoo HP51.

Attached Files:

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Got the Daewoo picture off Esarco.com, it is something akin to a Hi Power clone.

This is the LH9

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. rockratt

I saw a post on another forum about it being a rebadge Daewoo HP 51 but the guy wasn't sure.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Sarco is selling the Daewoo for $225 + shipping.

8. mark98012

mark98012 New Member

I have the compact, nice gun. Shoots smooth, 3 lb. trigger pull, a lot of nice features. Made in S Korea, assembled in Kirkland, WA. The S K army's been using same desigh for years I've been told. Although NOT a $225 pricetag.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Cool guns, New to me.

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The Daewoo and LH9 is pretty much a clone of the Smith and Wesson M39, but with a unique double/ single action that allows the hammer to be lowered manually while still having the action partially cocked. This makes the first shot with the hammer lowered, in this condition, light and smooth, but long and leaves the hammer lowered for holstering, to prevent accidental discharge.

Unique, pistol action with all the good design features of a proven S&W design. Even takes S&W mags. And it is offered at a good price. Gun range I used to work at sold lots of these in the early '90s.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yup, looks identical to my dads 3913. Love it!

12. TeaBaggins63

TeaBaggins63 New Member

I bought the lh9n mkii...and let me tell you. I LOVE IT!
    Its an amazing gun in every aspect. Very smooth. Great trigger in all three actions. Yes three. The standard novak sights are an added plus. First set for me and they allow me to get on target quickly. the gun comes cerokoted from manufactor so every peice and i mean every part of this gun is cerokoted.
    But probably most notable is relliability. This gun will chew and spit out anything you feed it. Ive put 300 rds of dirty reloaded 9mm through the pipe and not one failure of any kind. Also critical defence with no problem. And 9mm +p with no issues.

I highly recommend these guns.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Firearms Talk mobile app

13. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

The wife and I saw the Lionheart pistols at their booth at the NRA convention last May. Solid gun built in Korea by a subsidiary/division(?) of Daewoo who also builds weapons for the South Korean military. I believe they are manufactured in Korea and imported by Lionheart where they make some modifications. Long story short my wife liked the pistol so I bought one (LH9-MK II below) for her a couple of months later. It's very solidly built and so far has been a reliable and reasonably accurate pistol. While not a negative, the $750 price tag puts it in competition with a number of other quality double action pistols on the market.

Attached Files:

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Saw them only Briefly @ SHOT, but we saw one @ the Gun show on Saturday. I think the Gentleman wanted $625 and had it listed as a "Korean SIG copy"..

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

These look like well-finished, quality firearms. They're a little spendy, but the finish and quality of the product seems to warrant that price.

I would not buy one today. I'll stick to the more common stuff that results in easy support, aftermarket parts, and acessories. But if they're alive and kicking in a few years, and their market share has expanded...they become more viable in my eyes. Sometimes it pains me to go the 'popular' route. I like being different. But if I'm dropping $700+ on a pistol, I expect it to have a certain foundation that I can lean on in the future. Common = more affordable and versatile in this case.

Otherwise, the gun looks great! Love the C-kote finish.

16. TeaBaggins63

TeaBaggins63 New Member

Round count is up to 600 still no failures.

17. buckfynn

buckfynn New Member

I have been eyeballing them. But for the price they are asking, I will have pass at this time. LHI are asking more than what I paid for my P938. And the LH9NC doesn't even come equipped with night sights.

18. TeaBaggins63

TeaBaggins63 New Member

The "N" in the LH9NC stands for novak. So that paticular model will have novak sights you can pay to upgrade to fiber or trijon*

19. buckfynn

buckfynn New Member

I contacted Lionheart on 11/15/2013 asking them the following in an email.
    And the response from D.J. MacLean at Lionheart was as follows.
    So the upgrade to tritium night sights was a little misleading on their website during the time I contacted them.

So my total cost for a LH9NC would have been $749 for the pistol plus $147 for the night sights which comes a total of $896 not including installation of the sights. For almost $900 my money can be spent better else where IMO.

20. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I kind of dig it.