Links in sigs

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by NGIB, Nov 4, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just a thought but if folks are not allowed to post web links in signatures, we'll have less spammers. I reported 3 in the last 10 minutes.

IMO, all sig links should have to be "blessed" by a mod...

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will not have it. Not at all.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

As long as the link is not spam, what's the big D? Spam is spam in link or not.. :confused:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have no problems with a link in someone's sig. It requires that I click on it. Now if it starts dragging my mouse towards it and clicking itself I have an issue.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The ability for everyone, especially noobs, to post links in sigs attracts spammers. I've reported a bunch already this week. Only a matter of time until someone posts a very attractive - and very malicious link. The fewer spammers the better IMHO.

At the very least this perk should be reserved for SMs and vendors.

6. N.D.

N.D. New Member

I think its not a big deal.. but only if the mods check out the link first and aprove of it not being harmfull in any way but thats just my 2 cents.:)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I always check out the links in the sigs.

I have even removed a couple in the past.

I have banned one or two that were blatant spammers.

Hey Dave, we're doin' our job! [​IMG]

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I know y'all are pardner, just an idea to lessen the workload. I saw 3-4 sig spammers the morning I posted this...

9. N.D.

N.D. New Member

Job 1

Hello Canebrake Sorry but im not too good with words I think what I meant was... I am sure every one is on the ball and doin their job, I just meant to say that if the site mods aprove a sig link that i think it (the sig link) would be ok, but only if the mods have oked that link.
    am I making any better sense yet? :)

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

So long as it's not Spam or someone trying to just promote another forum I'm fine with signature links.