Lil' Bit Of Nostalgia

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by HOSSFLY, Oct 11, 2012.

1. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Couple more my father in law left me-
    The 12ga on top is marked Sears-Ted Williams Mdl 21 (check out the choke):D
    The 22 is Western Auto Supply Mdl 117
    Its been awhile since either has been sold new in each store huh?
    Anybody know who actually made them? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I bleve a buddy had a shotgun with that twist-choke back in college; it wasn't a Mossberg.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Awww, shuda said no googleing :D
    I'm old enuff to remember stores like that selling guns :eek: I remember when i bought my first Winchester '94 that was a Ted Williams :)

5. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I used to drool at the beautiful rifles at the department stores. My purchases were made at a downtown Sporting Goods store (also out of business). Warshall's. They had a great gunsmith and there own indoor range. Can't understand why they went out of business, other than people like me started to avoid downtown Seattle, because of their attempt to discourage personal automobiles and limited parking.

Commie B*st*rds.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

When something good is making folks happy somebody is going to do away with it :(
    Forgot to mention that the little scope on the 22 is a Ted Williams :D
    Thing is still clear & holding zero after all the years & moves it made :cool:

7. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I've got an old Western Auto Revelation .243 that I believe was made by Mossberg. I'm on my phone sitting out in the country but I think the model number is 220b. It's really a pretty good rifle.
    I'm not sure what your model 117 is but I'll bet its either a Mossberg or a Savage.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  8. orangello

orangello New Member

Jealous from desk!

9. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

My F250 pickup's my desk, I work in the oil patch...

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yup- Left out the Revelation part-
    Thought i was makin it ez enuff :D

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I still have several of my first guns.They were bought at Western Auto-White Auto- Sears and Roebuck-Montgomery Wards.
    Winchester,Stevens,Mossberg,J.C. Higgins and others produced rifles/shotguns under the stores own brand names.
    Those were the good ole days.Try walking into a hardware store or dry goods store and buying firearms or ammo today.All you'd get is a funny look by the dumbass behind the computer at the counter.

Hossfly,I believe both of those guns were produced by Winchester.
    The shotgun is a model 1300
    The rimfire is a model 250 or a Marlin 57.The buttstock makes me think Marlin.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

A little town by me has two hardware stores. One has a limited ammo supply, the other started selling guns and is doing great.

BTW, I still got my marlin .22 bolt gun that my old man gave to me for my birthday when I was still waiting for hair to start growing. It came from a western auto. And I'm not over the hill, yet.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Thought the same just lookin at them!
    But cross reference shows High Standard & Mossberg :)