Like Cleaning or Shooting More?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by LikeABoss, Apr 21, 2012.

1. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

Not sure if I like the experience of shooting 450 rounds between 3 gun or cleaning 3 guns more, which do you like more?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Kidding-----Right?

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Its a toss up for me. I love shooting, but cleaning afterwards is so relaxing to me. This is going to sound corny as hell, but when I clean, I almost feel like a musician. When I shoot, it feels like I'm creating a work of art.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Personally reloading is my favorite part.....

5. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

In the Army, we had to scrub the blue off of the weapon - now, I hate to clean any type of weapon system.

A fellow member once said, "If it won't run dirty, I won't buy it." I couldn't agree more. I just run a snake through the barrel and lube when necessary.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Shooting is fun, cleaning is cheaper! :rolleyes:

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I really don't like cleaning my guns.

8. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Seems like a rhetorical question.

Shooting!

9. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

No for real, I really don't mind the cleaning part of the game, it's almost a right of passage. The cleaning is not the end to the experience but the beginning of the next. But I like shootin' em more! I think if I had the experience of being required to rub the blue off I would change my mind like our partner above!

10. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Trip286 that's a truly poetic statement.

Spetsnaz for Life

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Definately shooting is the best, although i do enjoy my cleaning time. Its the time that i can be by myself and relax

12. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

agreed
    I definitely prefer shooting more because I like to say to this can go away and have it flatout disappear but I'll spend just as much time as I did shooting cleaning the guns I definitely enjoy that

13. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Since I have to clean outside or in my shop which has no air conditioning or heater, it depends on the weather. :) Otherwise, I enjoy cleaning.

P.S. I don't know as I'd say I like cleaning MORE. ;)

14. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I enjoy shooting more, personally, it's more relaxing for me. But at the same time, I don't mind cleaning my pistols and rifles, gives me something to do one day during the week. I used to not really care for it when I was in the military, but now that I do it at my own pace and have music to listen to while doing it, I don't mind one bit. Plus I do it indoors/in my living room with the fan on overhead, so I'm not sweating my *** off.

15. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I hate to clean 'em. Used to kinda like it, not anymore tho. I don't know why I changed.

16. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I really enjoy cleaning my guns after a good range trip. When I am just shooting handguns and not dealing with rifles and target at 200 yards with all that back forth, the actual shooting only takes 30-60 minutes. The cleaning takes maybe twice as long when I am in no rush.

After a range trip and a good solid cleaning my skills and my guns are in MUCH better condition than before the trip. The experiences as a combined whole are very cathartic and rewarding.

I love putting a newly shot and cleaned gun back into the safe!!

17. Model70

Model70 Member

You kidding me? Cleaning guns is like taking a shower after getting la... ;) Like a shower. Not nearly as fun, but you gotta do it.

18. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yeah, I can see that. I don't look forward to cleaning them. But there's a sense of satisfaction from doing it, and doing it yourself I think. I can relate it to when I wash one of my cars. But I certainly enjoy driving them more. Even more so when they're nice and shiny. Then again, I get the same feeling from cleaning the house or organizing anything really.

I'm a bit OCD I suppose.

19. Chris1029

Chris1029 New Member

As for most of what I read I like both equally. When im shooting, there is nothing like it but when I break a gun completely down it also makes me veryy happy just looking at the inner workings of my guns. Also like Trez said i enjoy reloading.

20. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

Depends on where, what and with whom I am shooting. Cleaning is a constant joy. Guns are clean thus, I need to shoot! Guns are dirty, I need to clean! I enjoy both clean & dirty... I like cleaning because is the first step to shooting, again.