Lighter trigger pull

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by THE_REPUBLICAN, Jul 29, 2008.

1. THE_REPUBLICAN

THE_REPUBLICAN New Member

I recently purchased a Bushmaster and would like to lighten the trigger pull. I don't want to spend $200+ on a match trigger and I don't want to send it to the gunsmith. Is there a way that I could get my 7lb trigger to a 3lb(ish) pull myself?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

RRA has about the best ( 2 ) stage trigger going today. I just bought one for $99 shipped to my door. I don't know if that is in your price range or not, but that would be my first recommendation.

Depending on the configuration of your current trigger, there are a couple of tricks that can be done with the existing spring and the existing mating between the hammer and trigger.

Shoot me a PM with your specific trigger type ( Is it the BushMaster factory? Or a drop in part? ) and I will see what I can come up with for you.

JD

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

PM Sent - Advocating at home trigger jobs is something like to stay away from in the open forums. Too much liability. :D

JD

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

OOhhh, send it to me, send it to meeee....

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

By your command.....

JD

6. JWIII

JWIII New Member

I too would like that info... I have the S&W M&P15T... Could this also help eliminate creep?

7. JWIII

JWIII New Member

Thanks JD; you're the man...

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah. No Problem Bro.

Keep in mind that those springs are only like $3 frm Brownell's or Midway, so if you order them up ahead of time, and screw something up, it's an easy fix...

JD