License for Curios or Relics?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by dhelix, Apr 9, 2007.

1. dhelix

dhelix New Member

So, I am wondering if you need a license for these? I have read such contrary stuff on line.

It seems like you wouldn't need one for this older guns, but who knows?

2. ScotZ

ScotZ New Member

To the best of my knowledge in Ohio at least you dont need a license to own what would be classified as a C&R gun(except full auto of course).

If you are interested in getting you C&R license to collect. It is only $30 and you will be eligible for C&R discounts when you buy anything classified as C&R buy the ATF.

Try this site

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

3. allmons

allmons New Member

Thanks, ScotZ!

That was very helpful.

4. yodar

yodar New Member

C & R License

=====================
    An 03 license Permits you to trade with C & R collectors, sending and receiving C & R shipments by UPS from licensed traders AND dealers Like SOG, AIM, Century, Aztec, J &G for prices substantially LOWER than what you see at shows.

I suggest you join the Curio & Relics e-list and correspond with almost a thousant of us, most of whom know FAR more than I have learned

heres a primer on C & R

http://www.cruffler.com/
    and
    http://lists.crufflecarp.com/mailman/listinfo/c-r-ffl
    yodar

5. Southern6er

Southern6er New Member

Like posted, it is not REQUIRED to own one, but it sure makes acquiring them easier! Instead of having to have a gun sent to a FFL dealer, you can have C&R eligible guns sent directly to you if you have that C&R license.

Savings on parts and guns and FFL transfer fees more than pay for it after just one use, and it is good for 3 years!

6. Tilt

Tilt New Member

Is it very hard to get a C&R license? Is there alot of paper work to keep up with? When it is time to renew it, do you just sent your money and get a new one or do you have to be approved again?

7. Southern6er

Southern6er New Member

3 year license.

Paperwork is easy to fill out, and send $30.00 with it (I did a CC instead of check to clear faster). Need to maintain inventory of your guns for when you buy/sell in case you get 'audited'.

When you get it, make a BUNCH of copies, but do NOT sign any of them until you either send the copy off or present it to a dealer. My original C&R is maintained with my other paperwork I keep for my guns.

8. gengomerpyle

gengomerpyle New Member

ive had my C&R for about a year now and its the best 30 bucks ive ever spent. it pays for its self the 1st time you buy a gun.

9. Tex in Maine

Tex in Maine New Member

I agree. just received a Persian Mauser yesterday, no transfer fees, UPS delivered right to my door.

10. Fedysheaste

Fedysheaste New Member

Hello nice site

cool site :)

11. ParrotHead

ParrotHead New Member

They come in handy...took 12 weeks to get mine, but it varies. It's nice because you can just order over the internet and have it shipped to your door. You can also get discounts at Midway and other online retailers.

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

If for no other reason, a CZ-82 delivered to your door.:)

13. pawn

pawn New Member

Its tough to beat the value and convience of a C&R License. Along with avoiding transfer fees and receiving C&R firearms at your home address there is the opportunity to purchase at wholesale prices from SOG, AIM, J&G etc. Its a good idea to send them a signed copy of your license and get on their mailing list.

Also vendors like Midway USA, Brownells, Graff and Sons etc will give you a dealer price break on most everything they sell. I have saved alot on optics, grips and cleaning supplies just by sending them a copy of my C&R and getting into their database as a dealer. :D