LGS sign

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jjfuller1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so i went into my LGS and upon walking in they had a sign that read. if you see a gun or ammo you like BUY it.. weapon and ammo shortages are expected in 2012. so is this a marketing ploy? or is there some info floating around about a shortage?

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Remember 2008-2009?...ammo and handguns were both in short supply over fears of an Obama presidency. Same thing this year, NICS checks are already running 25-35% ahead of last year. Not a bad time to stock up on .45ACP and 9mm, both were difficult to locate last time...223/5.56 as well if I recall correctly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  4. trip286

trip286 New Member

A little of both. Elections bring uncertainties, and that brings a bit of panic. Panicked people want security.

It's not like manufacturers are going to put production on hold or anything. In fact, if they were smart, they'd boost production and prices a bit to make more profit.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Downsouth, god like productions has me as banned for some reason, I figured that would be hard to do considering I've never heard of them much less have ever visited them to piss them off.

And the Soros thing has been debunked as myth many times.

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Good to hear it. Thanks for letting me know. Head in hands, shamed.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Why would that place ban me though? More importantly, how did they know that they probably should?

8. vincent

vincent New Member

I don't understand...how did you know you're banned??? :confused: Did you try to post?

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

You got priors. I don't know, sometimes I get that promt also. More than likely they want money

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I couldn't even see what the site was all about, I clicked the link and it said "you've been banned" or something like that.

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It is a site a guy on fb I friended links to. Alot of edgy, conspiritorial stuff. Although, this is the first subject that I've been told was debunked.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

What is it with you and getting banned? :p

It may have just been some mistake. Were you a member before? When was the last time you were there?

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've never even heard of their site. I think it was just some glitch

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Youve been Blacklisted!! :eek:

15. bkt

bkt New Member

Elections bring uncertainties always, but usually not of the sort that panics people. The uncertainties we're dealing with today don't come from elections.

If people are getting into storing food, purifying water, keeping medical supplies on hand, and arming up big-time, that is a clear indication a lot of people have lost faith in the civil system of checks and balances and elections.

You can endure almost anything for two, four or six years and if people thought the next election cycle could or would get us back on track, they wouldn't be panicked.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

As usual, I agree with you (smart feller you are) but I have to point out that some people are just panic prone, and these are the ones I had in mind. Gun and ammo sales always catch a little bump around election time.