lever action

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by robertusa123, Nov 13, 2012.

1. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

want to pick up a lever action 22lr what do you recomend

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

What's your price range and what are you wanting to use it for? If you can find one marlin 39 is probably the best you can get IMO. Henry's ain't bad either

3. 1411

1411 New Member

I have a Browning BLR 22. Got it for Christmas about 15 years ago.

It's a nice little gun. There may be "better" models out there but I enjoy this one.

Attached Files:

4. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Winchester 9422 would be my first choice, but the others mentioned have also been proven through time to be just fine.

5. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

im starting to lean to the henery good price point 299 most places and havent found anything bad about it yet

6. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

The only .22 lever gun I've had experience with is the Henry (Golden Boy) and all of it is positive. Each brand has it's enthusiasts and each gun seems to have given good service to many people (yeah, I know this does NOT help!). But that price point is important and I've not seen or heard anything negative about the least expensive Henrys. You will have a wonderful experience with any of them because lever-action is such a pleasant system to shoot!

7. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

its funney you bring up price point ran into anouther gun person that seams to think any gun under 1000 i a pice of junk. started a debait when i menchened i has a mosien negont 91-30 i use it as a range gun to have fun with i get out of it what i want cheep and fun to shoot and ammos cheep to . not to menchen it has sent the lead down range every time i pulled the trigger cant ask for more

8. northhike

northhike New Member

I have the Henry Frontier with the octogon barrel. It would be the last gun I would ever part with. Shoots great, accurate, reliable and about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on....although it might be fun to shoot naked as well. ;) :D

9. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

The Henrys are great rifles and a lot of fun to shoot. I've done a lot of plinking with a Henry and never had any trouble with the rifle.

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

My dad has a Browning BLR in 22 and its a nice little gun. But I think Santa is bringing me a Henry Goldenboy this year. At least he better...

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Marlin.........

12. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Well I'm going to venture to say that 9422 may be a touch out your average man's price range. I like a Marlin they seem to pretty tried and true. The Henry is a very solid rifle as well.

If you want a single shot I have a thing for those Ithaca single shot levers. I'm still unsure why I haven't picked one up at a gun show.

14. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

hoo-boy, I guess you are right on that. 299 mentioned by the OP, didn't find any 9422's. Guess they just keep going up in price.

As of NOW, 53 minutes on a lever for 289....
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/BI.aspx?Keywords=lever+22

15. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Grab an old Marlin 39-series...any letter after the number 39 will do!!

You can find 'em in pawn shops all over the place...gun shops...yard sales...
    that's the way to save money!!

All metal construction means they last forever!!
    Only thing ya need to change occasionally is the wood stocks for a different look ;)