level 3 retention holster for Sig P238

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by jeffkaiser1989, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

Has anybody ever seen one? I have been looking around and cant seem to find any level 3 retention holsters for my P238. I need one for when i open carry i have a cheapo slide holster but it has no retention to it and it worries me that somebody will take my gun or it will fall from the holster and ill have a accidental discharge. Thanks in advance

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The 238 would not be my choice for open carry. If I have the lack of restriction for open carry I go bigger with a service pistol sized gun (1911, 92fs, Glock 17 or 21, or Sig 220). I like Don Hume for affoardable leather.

3. jeffkaiser1989

im not going to argue with you there. But as of right now its the only gun i have. In tax time i plan on buying another gun that would be a home defense/ carry but untill than... well you get the points thanks for the advice

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. I kinda feel like a jerk right now.

I just figure with a gun so easy to conceal, I don't know why I'd open carry the 238.

5. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

This is gonna be a hard find. Maybe try ITAC? I know they make at least one for a smaller sig but I don't remember what it was. And I've never used an ITAC holster before. Not a lot or cops carrying something that small on their duty belt, and that's the main demographic buying level 3 holsters.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  6. jeffkaiser1989

do worry about it you didnt know its the only firearm i own.

7. jeffkaiser1989

ill check them out if worst comes to worst ill have a kydex holster made like i did with IWB. i was just hoping i could buy one off the shelf for cheaper