Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator)

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by SlamFire, Mar 26, 2009.

1. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

Leupold Zero Point Boresighter (Collimator) --

I bought one from Midway. It's "on the truck" . . . I see rave reviews. I see people using collimators, and have an idea how they function. In my book, Leupold can do no wrong . . .

Anyone have one of these? Can you describe how it functions, what it does? (I mean describe how it's used, not if it works for you.)

2. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Yup. It is the copy from the manual. Once you have it in hand and have the instructions in front of you it will make sense. I still set up all my scopes and iron sights with a Site-Lite brand laser bore sighter, mostly because I'm just lazy. The Leupold bore sighter is a handy little widget that I carry in my pocket to feild check my "zero" when I feel it's necessary, and it works real well.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Looks like a lot of fuss when you can just look down the barrel unless your doing a semiauto or lever gun.

With my bolt guns I just get a good solid rest and look down the barrel and the scope. I can get it within 2" of zero 99% of the time. Like I said this is with bolt guns. I can see the use for a semiauto or lever gun where you can't look down the barrel.

5. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

It's $70. Figure that compared to a box of ammo and a trip to the range, for starters.

I have 25 yds exactly from the garage to the barn door. I can bore sight, but this is faster. Besides which, .458 cal I get parallax on the bore sighting. .223 cal. I can't see down the bore to figure out where the target is on the barn door.

As noted in the instructions, sales pitch -- Useful in the field for a fast "zero check" on your optics. Besides which, it's a Leupold, and what's not to like about a kewl aiming gadget with grids and lights?

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

You are correct sir!

7. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Supporting Member Supporter

Why can't I find this gizmo anywhere??? Mwaaaaa....