Lets see your Buck 110s

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by readygirl, May 27, 2013.

1. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I know everybody has one, post-em up. I dont care if they are old,new, beat up, or worn out, lets see-em....old worn out knives have a story to tell, and since they cant talk its up to you.....Nothing special about mine, other than it was my Grandma's. She used it in the garden for many years, and always kept it in her purse. When she passed away, it was the one thing of hers i wanted. Lots of childhood memories in that garden with her...:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. readygirl

readygirl New Member

And if you have a "fancy" one put some pics up....I know they made them with all different kinds of handles...

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Bout cut my thumb off with my dads when I was little.

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

How about a Buck 110 that's been converted to a switchblade?

Attached Files:

5. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Thats really cool.....got a story to go with it..????? I think some were made like that at the factory early on...

6. txpossum

txpossum New Member

For all the stories I relate on this forum, I don't really have one for this one. I got it . . . oh, about 10 years ago or so. It's an aftermarket conversion, but well done, with the heaviest spring I've ever felt on an automatic opening knife. When you press the button the knife just bucks in your hand (no pun intended).

What's also kewl, but I don't have any, are automatic conversions of Case knives, such as the Copperlock or Cheetahs.

7. Marthor

Marthor New Member

[​IMG]

Here's a pair of Buck Knives I got over 20 years ago. I keep them in pristine condition for my collection. That titanium handle is one of my favorite pieces in my whole collection.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just made me jealous as hell.

I only have one Buck, but it's an antique 124. With a chipped blade :(
    Carried it in Iraq.

9. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'd show my 110 I got when I was stationed in Adak AK in 1977 but my nephew is proudly carrying it while he is in the Navy currently stationed at NAS Jacksonville! :)

I'd show my other 110 but it's on its way to Buck to be repaired after I stupidly broke the tip off the blade. :eek::(

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  10. Sparky_D

Sparky_D New Member

Does it HAVE to be a 110?

I have an 80's vintage 112.

Back in the days before thumb studs and one handed opening blades, I made speed sheaths that allowed me to draw and open it one handed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made about a dozen or so of those types of sheaths over the years...

11. AR10

AR10 New Member

When I was a kid, I always had a Buck 110 on my belt. Sears used to sell them. Lifetime warranty. Averaged a new knife about once a year.

12. txpossum

txpossum New Member

13. AR10

AR10 New Member

I switched to a double blade spring assist Kershaw, but I am still fond of the childhood memories of my Buck's. Still have some put away for safe keeping.

Several other companies, including Kershaw made 110 style folders. Some were a little heavier in the brass areas of the knife.

Attached Files: