Lets see if FTF has a sense of humor

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by randommj, Dec 10, 2009.

1. randommj

randommj New Member

lets talk Zombie Apocalypse! being a 21 year old college kid, I do alot of thinking on the subject lol, I even have the book by max brooks. so what are your steps if you hear we are being invaded and the undead are on the horizon? me? heres the first few steps if they arent on my doorstep YET!

-fassion a melee weapon (I have fire arm yet this is the best I have)(Im a 3rd degree black belt btw so knife offence is something Im not a complete stranger in)
    -travel out of town (away from zombies)
    -find a two story home, occupied or otherwise and inhabit it somehow
    -lock and board doors
    -fill every water reservoir, never know when utilites will go
    -destroy stairs and install removable ladder, live upstairs

obviously provision collection is in there somewhere

this is just a time killer:p

Miles

2. ChuckD

ChuckD New Member

Dude.... If you not ready for Z day then good luck!!! It is coming :D The only question is are they going to be the slow shambling zombies or the fast rage zombies. I have enough ammo and what not to take out a small country so I plan on building a wall of zombie bodies to wall off the compound,

On another note I recommend Day by Day Armageddon. It is written by one of our first service men and is a good book.

3. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

I am a college kid also and have the max brooks books. I have two 12 gauges, with roughly 500 rds. A 30-30 with about 50-60 rds, and am working on getting a 9mm and a thousand rounds. I live in a city with lots of gangs, they will kill most of the zombies I hope. If not I live 100 feet from a kroger, In a second story apartment with steel doors as the building used to be a warehouse. and my car is close and bass pro is ten minutes away. I am set.

4. randommj

randommj New Member

gotta destroy those stairs though!;)

but what is everyones hypothetical plan? stay put and set up camp? or run and gun your way to "safety"?

Miles

5. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

that picture reminded me, a guy in my fraternity recently inherited a chinese made sks and 4,000 rounds from his grandfather, and yeah, the stairs will be destroyed.

6. opaww

opaww New Member

First I will help to vote them out of office. Then find some who have not turned yet to run the country.

opaww

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

A sense of humor??

You are talking Z DAY man, that is SERE-I-US BID-NESS around these parts. :eek:

My god Man, Space Zombies are real. They ARE coming. Most of this forum used to have a weapon profile rivaling most third world nations.

Then we had the first annual FTF boating expedition and well, that turned out poorly. :(

But, we are ALL prepared for Z Day.

Max Brooks is a Prophet to The End of Human Days....:cool:

JD

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Bass Pro is 10 minutes away....if the Zombies don't take over the HRBT and the M&M!

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Max Brooks' brother Mel knew a thing or two about Zombies, I might remind you.

[​IMG]

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No sense of humor here, :cool: we're all gun-clinging bible-thumping Zombie killers here.

;)

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Get a backhoe or a Bobcat and cut a 6' wide moat around the house, line it with pond liner, and then using cut-down road cones as supports, string concertina wire 3 times around the moat. Two high and one low, so that they either trip over it and get ripped, or their feet go between the top strands and past the low one, effectively leg-trapping them. Now fill it with water. In a Swarm, you can expect a 30-45% capture/severe delay just due to entanglement.
    Next, you'll need Punji sticks. Not for simple impalement, but to channel the Z's into the kill zones. Sure, some of them will wind up skewered, but what you really want to do is to offer them an easier path. Sun Tzu addresses this when discussing sieges, but this is the inverse. You just want to let them THINK that there's a path to salvation and victory, but it's more like shepherding them to their ultimate doom. By reducing the angle of incidence (Based on the most likely avenue of attack) of the Punji sticks on the way to the Killing Zones, the Z's will get it in their heads that they have made the right decision, and will charge to their destruction. Basically you want to have them thick as a porcupines quills pointed straight at them at the outset, and gradually reduce the angle/ number (Still maintaining integrity!) on their path to Splattsburgh.
    MAPP gas torches fitted through stainless steel cooking bowls make great spotlights, so have some of those ready. You'll want to see what happens next.
    The Killing Zones look like any regular lawn in the dark, but we all know better, don't we? As many 24" holes as you had the time to bore (PTO-driven auger on the backhoe is the ticket) should be covered with a grid of 6lb fishing line secured by 10 penny nails in the soil, and then carefully covered with small pieces of Astro-turf. Whatever injurious/entangling treats you can come up with should be used in the holes, whether if be Coni-Bear beaver traps tethered to hand grenades, Re-Bar spears, or recordings of Hillary Clinton yelling at an African journalism student.
    Once the Z's are massed up/bogged down, you can use the flame-throwers on them at your leisure. Just don't forget to walk the moat and cap the ones still stuck in the concertina wire when you're done taking pictures.

12. randommj

randommj New Member

Thats what Im talkin about! lol

Miles

13. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I have teenage boys and we use the Zombie attack as an excuse to get new toys with my wife all the time. While we all know its just a joke what the hell its a good excuse and we get what we want!!!

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Blasphemy!!! :eek:

15. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

people ask why you NEED 33 inch tires on a truck. I reply, cuz it' perfect for smashing zombie heads on the brush guard. You may not have to leave your home, but yo have to get there first.

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Curses on that stupid boat!!

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That's how smart we are here. The boating expedition could have taken place in just a few feet of water, but NOOO. Someone had to say, "Hey, let's go check out the Marianis Trench." The rest is history. :mad:

As for zombies being a joke, I refer you to Congress. :p

18. Jess

Jess New Member

Moat ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Backhoe or bobcat to dig a 6' wide moat. What they hell are you smokin. You want that cheet done quick. So your going to need 4 Cat 730 Ejector Articulated Truck and 8 mexicans to drive them. Then your going to need 2 365C L Hydraulic Excavator's 2 825H SOIL COMPACTOR's and about 12 mexicans to seed and straw your berms. How deep do you want it? I myself would go no less than about 8'. Now you need clay to line it with so you gotta dig for it. Here in Va we gots us lots of clay.

Bobcats are for effing land scaping and sissies. They are fun but not very useful to dig, and a backhoe while very useful doesn't have the nuts your going to need to get a big moat deep in a dam hurry. Now That we are working on the moat what the hell are you doing to fill it with? I am going to say some kind of flammable liquid. Diesel or K-1 would work really well.

If you had 6 to 8 guys that are effing crazy like me then you can get this all down with some 637G Scraper's they haul ass and move lots of dirt if you got the nuts to run like you stole them. The last one I ran only had breaks on the front end. Boss told me brakes are for stopping and you shouldn't be stoppin so get to it.

Leave the heavy junk to the experts. Like me.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009