Let's play a game

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MoHawk, Jan 20, 2010.

1. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I am getting $1308 back on from taxes. If you had $1308 to spend and want 2 new guns, what would they be. You MUST buy 2 and cannot go over $1308. Also, It needs to be a Handgun and a shotgun or 2 handguns. Try to be specific. Caliber, brand name, model, etc.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Define "toys".

Knife and a gun?

Two guns?

An SUR and a piece of tail?

What are YOU looking to do?

JD

3. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

4. user4

user4 New Member

Buy a really nice handgun. Or buy a pretty nice handgun and a shotgun. Buy a sh*t ton of ammo.

Use your imagination.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

......huh?

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay. I already don't like the direction this is going. You are asking to much in my opinion...

If it were me??

I would put $200-$300 away. Some of it in my BOB ( $60-$80 ) and the rest is savings.

With $1,000 left over?

I would get ONE really good quality 1911 or SUR AR-15. Your choice.

With $1000 as a price range, there are a ton of SUPER quality options for either choice.

I would rather have ONE really durable, quality, well built, reliable, "I would bet my life on it" weapon than a dozen weapons that looked good but performed less than 100% in my eyes.

The VERY FIRST weapon I ever bought for myself when I was out on my own was a good, reliable pistol. Something that I KNEW could take care of business IF I was ever put in harms way.

I carried that weapon for over a decade in 5 states and a lot of individual cities.

Once I "Made It" I started building my collection.

Not before.

I never bought weapons for quantity.

I always bought something that I had researched to the last final degree and I KNEW it was a weapon that I 1) wanted and 2) could rely upon.

I would recommend getting the best quality weapon, in the category that fits YOUR needs, and I would not worry about "how many" weapons you have.....

JD

7. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

OK. So one, easily concealable (on a motorcycle and carried daily), fairly light weight, EXTREMELY reliable weapon.....

8. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

If I had to buy a set of weapons based on your formula on quantity, but still had room for a highly level of quality I would probably purchase a CZ 83 or a CZ 2075 RAMI pistol for carry and conceal, and a Mossberg 590 for home defense. The rest of the money I would just sock away for a rainy day in my savings account.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I agree 1000% with Major Kusanagi. That's what you should do.

10. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I just looked into the 2075 and am kind of impressed. as far as the 590 goes, I thought it had to be an 18in. barrel to be legal....?

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Revolver. Concealed Carry Revolver. Short Barrel. Hammerless.
    Aluminum Frame if weight is an issue. Steel frame would be preferred. +P rated. EXTREMELY RELIABLE.

Or you can go with a 1911. Slim frame. .45ACP Proven Performance. Also Extremely Reliable ( but the revolver is slightly more so since it does not have a slide ).

JD

12. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

You're describing a Ruger LCR.

13. N.D.

N.D. New Member

Mo:

I would get 1 or 2 used Springfield XD 's one compact in .357 sig. W/an Xtra brl. in .40 S&W or visversa and the 2nd 1 a SC in 9MM and get a CT Laser sight for them both, then buy some ammo for them and then put away the rest of the $ for another rainy day.

N.D.

14. N.D.

N.D. New Member

Both an Excellent point and very excellent advice!

N.D.

15. N.D.

N.D. New Member

I had a 590 an they are an excellent mil. spec. shotty, an they have a 20" cyl. bore brl. and they are also completely legal.

N.D.

16. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

The CZ 2075 RAMI is considered one of the best carry and conceal pistols on accuracy, capacity, and reliability in its class. Knowing CZs track record and owning a CZ 75B myself, I would trust my life with it.

As for the Mossberg 590, Mossberg offers a variety variants of the 590 series with barrel lengths that are 18 1/2''-20''. It just depends on what you want really.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  17. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Only $1308?

Would only buy 1 gun for me...either an XD or M&P (without a L/H holster lol)

Could have mentioned a Tikka T3 stainless, chambered for .223 - were it not for the bike proviso. But somehow I just can't see bikes & bolt-action rifles going together lol

yeah so that's all. ONE pistol. ha :rolleyes:

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Dillinger and Kusanagi have both given excellent advice!

I need more specifics. From what I've read you want a concealable handgun and a home defense weapon, correct?

If so, I have several suggestions.

2075 Rami = Great ccw!

mossberg 500 ($200new) 18.5" barrel ($99 new).

Now you have money left to save.

I'm looking for the best 1911 I can buy for less than $1200 :)

19. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Thats easy Springer EMP in 40smith. Then what ever is left on ammo and as much as I can buy.

Springfield Armory

20. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

18" or longer. You seeing a < 18" 590 somewhere?