Lets hear some good quotes about gun control

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dearhunter, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I will start it off....

Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.

2. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."- Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."- Sigmund Freud

Really like this one:

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."- Clint Eastwood

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

THOU SHANT SHOOT THY MOTHER-IN-LAW..!

And it was written, (Dang).!:(

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Every good business man knows the "Business end of Business".!

Samuel Colt was a little man with rather large ideas..!

You made the choice to live on the evil edge , I only helped to believe in yue..!

Every man that walks the path of righteousness walks so on the earth stupid fertilizer.!

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

"I am in support of the NRA position on gun control. "
    William J. Clinton

6. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Credit where credit is due. Nice find Rick2Gun!

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Reasonable gun control means hitting my target with every shot....right between the eyes.:):):)

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

WE SHOULD SAY: "Your claim that 'they're only for killing people' is imprecise. A gas chamber or electric chair is designed for killing people, and these devices obviously serve different functions than guns. To be precise, a high capacity military-type rifle or handgun is designed for CONFLICT. When I need to protect myself and my freedom, I want the most reliable, most durable, highest capacity weapon possible. The only thing hunting and target shooting have to do with freedom is that they're good practice."
    From John Ross "Give it to them Straight." This guy makes a lot of good arguments for gun rights.

9. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

You can have my guns. When you pry them from my cold, dead hands!

That is a pretty generic one.

"A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
    - Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

10. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

A gun is like a parachute, if you ever need one and dont have one, most likey you will never need one again!!

11. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Freedom will prevail

Pro-Gun > Pro-Freedom > Pro-Common-Sense

Lose One - Lose them all

12. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

"When a Liberal tells you how they are Pro-Second Amendment because they own a Shotgun, tell them how you're a Vegan because you put lettuce on your Double Bacon Cheeseburger." --Unknown.

13. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

UH UM...... Read my signature.

14. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I have one right in my signature ... :D

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Oops. The fact is, I hadn't noticed you signature block.
    I found it here:
    http://www.imao.us/index.php/2013/02/time-to-ban-assault-salads/

On a separate note, a open letter from a Columbine Survivor:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-rejecting-gun-control-whose-side-are-you-on/

To be fair, not a quick tag line quote, but noteworthy, regardless of length.

16. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

"I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - J. R. R Tolkien

17. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

After more than 200 years of near perpetual warfare, asking the US government to do something about gun violence is like asking a drug dealer about rehab.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Beware the man with only one gun. He likely knows how to use it.

19. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/02/20/pushback/.

Why is it any business of the government’s what you or I or any other citizen happens to have in our closet or bedside drawer? The arrogant presumption – the effrontery – of government (that is, of the people who control the mechanisms of state violence) demanding to know such things is absolutely startling. And not just with regard to guns. Why is it any of the government’s business how many children you have? Or cars?

Or… anything?

Isn’t the sole justification trotted out for the existence of government that it is there to “protect” people? How is a peaceful person in any way “protected” by being ordered to surrender any and every detail of his persona, private affairs to arrogant little busybodies in funny costumes or who possess self-important titles but who are, nonetheless, merely other people? Your next-door neighbor doesn’t demand to inspect your closets, or that you inform him how many and what type vehicles you possess. Because it’s none of his damn business – and he knows it.

So how come the busybodies in government don’t know it? What gives them the right to shove their noses – and their guns – in our business?

People are beginning – thank god – to catch on to this. Per Burroughs, they are sick and tired of being hectored for what they didn’t do. And increasingly, they are insisting on their right to be left the hell alone until they – as individuals – actually do something. That is, actually cause injury to someone else. Their property – or their persons. Otherwise, go away.