Let's get this started

Discussion in 'Minnesota Gun Forum' started by woodswalker, Feb 18, 2012.

1. woodswalker

woodswalker New Member

Not much happening right now in Northern Minnesota. It is -2 degrees and not much snow on the ground. Can't wait to get back to the outdoor range and start shooting again. Now that this thread is started let's hear from the other Minnesota members.

2. DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS New Member

Weather the Twin Cities is nice, but haven't had the time to go shooting for a long time. Looking forward to a few WWII reenactments this season.

3. larryflew

larryflew New Member

Don't know if I have enough time for another MN forum but let's see where it goes.

4. headhunter

headhunter Member

SE MN is alive. The weather is really warm and our snow is almost non existent. I wish I were back home on "da range". It was nice enough I managed to dig out the old Model 27 and send 3 cylinders full down range last week. it was obvious I've been laying off this winter.

5. woodswalker

woodswalker New Member

DARIVS, Where do you do your reenacting at? Headhunter, Where is back home?

6. DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS New Member

Reenactments are held all over the country. The next one I want to attend is in Arden Hills, MN. It is NOT a public event, it's for reenactors only, being as it is a tactical battle using blanks. So, it's not a public show with a script, it's a maneuver and shoot to win fight. For me, it's a chance to play the role of motorcycle rifle scout/message courier. I have a WWII German motorcycle and rifle.

Loc: Arden Hill Army Training Site: Arden Hills, MN
    Dates: April 14, 2012
    Event Times: 9 am until 5 pm
    Registration Times: 6 am until 8 am
    Pre-Registration: No
    Fee: $15
    Map: See website
    Directions: See website
    Authenticity Notes: East meets West event - Spring 1945
    Prohibited Vehicles/Items: Vehicle friendly area.
    Other restrictions: No camping, digging, alcohol - NO MINORS.
    Motels: Several within 5 miles of the site.
    Sponsoring Unit (s): 117th Infantry Regiment / 30th Infantry Division.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. northhike

northhike New Member

Cold or snow....indoor or out I just keep shooting through the seasons. Actually winter is a great time to hit some of the local gun ranges and get practiced up with your weapoms.

8. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I've hit the range a couple of times this winter when normally it wouldn't be possible or desireable. The mild weather is a nice change.... I should have gone yesterday.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Any Walleye fisherman in this bunch?

10. northhike

northhike New Member

Not Wally specific...I fish for it all. :D Fishing is my other passion.....especially fly fishing for Smallies and Northerns.

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I like other species as well, but Walleyes are my passion. Walleye fishing is not fishing...it's hunting. It's also frustrating as heck. It's a little like Golf, it drives you nuts but you keep doing it.

12. headhunter

headhunter Member

I be from da Keewatin town and da wife, she be from da city of Hibbink. Have a good one.

13. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

I loves me some northern and walley mmmmmm :D. Unfortunately the lake our cabin is on lost it's walley population sometime ago :(. But i do have a blast fishing for northern :cool:

14. headhunter

headhunter Member

grinning

Hey, Woodswalker I'm grinning! I replaced the trigger guard/ magazine well in my .270 last night with a Kuick Klip unit from Cabelas. So now I have a removable magazine. But, the best is next weekend I'm headed to Eveleth to attend a birthday party for a cousin at the Fayal Township Hall. I also get to visit the brother and two friends. I don't know how those friends have done it, but we've been friends for over 2 score and ten years. Not rich, but their friendship makes me feel as though I am.
    Anticipation , you bet! I'm goin' where I want and seein' who I want.

15. walt501

walt501 New Member

I was out at the range in January when the temperatures were in the 50's. Looks like next week things will really warm up here in the Twin Cities so I'll be back at the range again. As for fishing, I started as a kid over 50 years ago and I'm still at it. I'll fish for anything, anytime, anywhere. I have a place in NW Ontario that keeps me in fillets during the summer. If you want to turn fishing into hunting, try Muskie fishing! The chain of lakes my cabin is on is full of them.

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Welcome walt..Glad to have more Minnsotans!!!!

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

What other MN Forums do you participate in?

18. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

Hay from around the Alexandria area, we have walleye, northern, musky, just about anything, and fall hunting is pretty good to.

19. headhunter

headhunter Member

MN

I guess we returned from Hibbing and Eveleth, as always, take something with you - leave a little behind.
    Last fall we did our part to guarantee we'd have no snow. We put new tires on the Jeep and the pick-up. And, the wife bought me a snowblower for the 3pt. on the John Deere. Yesterday, I took the blower off. Having spent one opener on Upper Red with 8" on the tent, I realize I'm probably pushing our luck. Hey, it's Minnesota!
    Remember, St. Urho's Day is just around the corner!

20. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Nice area...you're fortunate.