Let Me Open Pandora's Box.....

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by firedawg60, Dec 25, 2013.

1. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

So Santa brought me an RIA Tactical 5". Guess I must have been on the good list!! lol Anyway, I'm looking for holster recommendations for carrying this little piece. I'm pretty much a leather guy with my Glocks.

So curious as to what you guys recommend. Thanks!!

2. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

3. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

I've gone through 3 different holsters then found the Blackhawk IWB holster it's comfortable sleek has a great retention system protects the safety sights and the hammer from contacting your skin

4. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

Does your RIA Gov't have target sights?

5. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

It just has the standard sights on it. Dove tail on the rear and ramped on the front.

6. Donn

Donn Active Member

Believe it or not, my favorite 1911 holster is the old GI issue leather model with US on the flap. Not very fashionable, but it works.

7. TxAg81

TxAg81 Member

I carry a CrossBreed Supertuck IWB.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I like the Blackhawk ambidextrous IWB holster. It's easy to switch the clip around to use it OWB or in a coat pocket. For EDC you need a holster with a pad of some fashion to protect you from the hammer and beavertail. If you slip down or bump into something without protection it won't be pretty. I like belly band holsters for large pistols.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check into what y'all suggested.

10. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

The tactical has Novak styled non adjustable rear sights and a wide dovetailed blade up front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]