let me know what you guys think

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MikeBofAZ, Apr 23, 2013.

1. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

So after all the bs I got the LE6920 which is the exact rifle I wanted, glad I waited, here it is what do you guys think

Day one!

ForumRunner_20130423_011629.jpg

And now!

ForumRunner_20130423_011550.jpg

Attached Files:

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Looking great! Are those DD fixed sights?

3. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Thank you I'm super pumped about it. They are BTE (battle tested equipment) 45° fixed irons they aren't on the market just yet but they bare beautiful

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Exactly what you wanted? Good, that's the only way to fly. The wait was worth it.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I don't understand -- are the Colt and the other (brown) thing the "same" gun? If so, did it really matter much which good original gun you got to turn it into the second thing!?

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Since the parts he changed out aren't usually the parts folks buy Colts for it was probably important to him. Though I see your point that a mil spec receiver set and quality barrel and bcg would have the potential to be equal.

I like the configuration. I like a carbine with a long site radius and a way to get the support hand out front. Great thing about ARs is the modularity to really get what you want.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very nice. To me, it's always worth the wait to be patient and get what you really want instead of just buying what's right in front of you and then wishing you had something else. Nice looking rifle.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Maybe it's hard to see in the picture, maybe I just woke up... But did you SBR that rifle, or did you just install a longer rail? Also, what did you do to the fixed front sight? Did you chop it off, or install a kit of some type?

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The barrel and bolt are the heart of any AR. He also has the colt recievers. It is factory built. So in essence it is a Colt. Now, it is a highly modified Colt. I for one think he done good, I'm sure others might hink differently.

I'm just curios tho, what kind of hanguards those are. I see an acs, miad and afgc, but can't figure out the hanguards. And I'm curious as to why you went with 45 degree sight and no optics.....freebies?

10. bforeman

bforeman New Member

You can push a few pins out and the front sight slides off. Many companies make low profile gas blocks and a longer rail fits right over it. It really makes the gun look slick.

11. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

I will try to answer these in order sorry if I screw it up

12. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Yes the, as you say "second thing" is the same gun as the colt, their are many reasons to start with the colt. For me it was the barrel, cartridge guides, factory BCG and the opportunity to own a colt

13. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Maybe you did just wake up lol but no I just installed a rifle length hand guard from BTE (battle tested equipment) as for the original front sight gas block, I replaced the entire set up with an adjustable micro block also from BTE

Check them out if you get a chance WWW.BTE-USA.COM the tanker charging handle is absolutely amazing

14. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Again WWW.BTE-USA.COM is where I got the handguard it actually weighs less then the magpul carbine length and is much more modular plus it is now free floated. The sights were a gift directly from the manufacturer they will be available for purchase in a few months

ForumRunner_20130423_165642.jpg

15. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Thank you I believe slick is the perfect word to describe it haha plus the aircraft grade aluminium disperses heat so well I was able to fire 3 mags out and grab it without a problem

16. Mark_S

Mark_S New Member

Just purchased BTE hand-guard 15", how do you index (12 o'clock) vent holes to properly attach sights (proper alignment)? This BTE handguard tube looks perfect but I want to install properly. Hope you can advise as your AR looks like you have everything lined up proper.

17. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Clamp a scope or other quick connect base across the reciever and handguard top rail and then tighten down the machine screws. Quicker to do than to type out. Scope base keeps alignment while holding screws or collar are tightened to hold the handguard. Hope this helps. ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013