Lemon Squeeze Guns

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by CapitalCityBoy916, Jul 14, 2010.

1. CapitalCityBoy916

CapitalCityBoy916 New Member

anyone no wat a lemmon squeeze gun is..... and kan u giv me berif definition ..... and does any one hav a pic of a .45 lemmon squeeze gun

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Ummm, an old S&W revolver with a grip safety?

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's an old Smith & Wesson revolver of some small caliber. I can't remember exactly, but it dates back to before 1900.

Try Google bro...

JD

4. utf59

utf59 New Member

The term refers to a safety on the backstrap that requires the shooter to hold (squeeze) the grip before it can fire. It was first used on some old S&W revolvers, but the safety is now commonly found on 1911s and Springfield XDs.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, people drank a beverage called lemonade. There was a kitchen tool that squeezed the juice from them. When they made a revolver with a backstrap safety, someone noted the resemblance to the kitchen tool- hence the name. Have seen these made up thru .38 Special caliber. Here is a pic of a Lemon Squeezer-
    lemonsqueezer.jpg

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I didn't know that I learned something today more than I hate building decks.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

S&W "Safety Hammerless" was the model in question.

8. spyderfan

spyderfan New Member

I kinda don't like that feature on XDs.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Does anyone know what a lemon squeeze pistol is? Would you be able to show me a picture of one or point me to a picture? Also did they come in 45 caliber?

Not sure where you learned to spell but you need to read a dictionary. I suck at this stuff and your comment gave me a headache because it was written so badly. We encourage members here to use proper spelling and grammar. I can muddle through but many will not even give you the time of day when you are typing like what you did.

PS, Welcome to the board.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What the heck dose a XD have to do with a pre 1900 Smith and Wesson pistol?

11. lkd

lkd New Member

Are you perhaps referring to the H&K P7? (Chris's Unofficial H&K P7 Website). Sometimes also called the lemon squeezer. It was only available in 9mm and .40S&W.

12. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

"I didn't know that I learned something today more than I hate building decks."

I'm smellin' what you're steppin' in, Brother! :D

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It has a grip safety.

14. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Holy crap dude, PLEASE learn to spell lmao...

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

S&W Models 40 & 42. Gun World Magazine, Aug 2010, states that S&W has reintroduced them lately.