Legacy Sports International

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 00possum, Apr 11, 2012.

1. 00possum

00possum New Member

Hat do y'all have to say about them? I personally like the howa talon and m1500. My buddy was at cabelas and he wanted to look at the axiom. They said that he didn't want to buy it because it was no good. The issc scar replica in 22 is pretty cool and I didn't know how it worked but I wanted one, so halls opinions would be appreciated.

2. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I like legacy and theyre products, I havent really heard anything bad about them.
    And tho I don't own any of they're guns I have shot them and likes them!

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I wonder what they thought was no good about it. The M1500 platform is proven as a well made, accurate rifle. Axiom is only the stock made by Knoxx Stocks, I think owned by Blackhawk now, both well respected.

I have one in .308 and it is a very good shooter. Heavy 24" barrel keeps repeat shots on line. I would buy another one any time.

4. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Wow I just looked up that scar replica 22 on YouTube..... Now I want one. Damn another gun to add to the list lol

5. Model70

Model70 New Member

I have a Howa 1500 300 WM. Shoots amazing. I have total confidence with it out to 600 yards. Why only 600? That's as far as my range goes. Very accurate rifle. Especially for an "economy" line. I can hold sub moa groups sitting at the bench, no rests. Mine has the Hogue over mould stock, I replaced the nikko sterling scope it came with, but it's really not a bad scope for coming in a combo package.

One of my very best friends has a Citadel 1911 pistol. No it's not as nice as a Springfield or Smith & Wesson, but it ate cheap ammo all day-- no jams. And he's horrible about cleaning his guns.

All that being said, I hate the bolt stop on the 1500. I've broken it twice. They use a crappy little shouldered bolt to stick it on the receiver, and it doesn't take much to break. When I called legacy sports to get a replacement, all I got was the run around and finally told I needed to order it online, I couldn't just talk to someone. So I called BS on all of it, got the serial number off my buddy's Weatherby Vanguard and ordered 5 bolts from Weatherby. Had them in my hand in 1 week.

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Stupid people work in all sorts of places. He should go back and tell the guy howa is the action used in weatherby vanguard.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Legacy is only the importer, not the Manufacturer. Please don't confuse a quality made firearm w/ a cheap firearm. They import many from different manufacturers and countries. Howa was set up w/ the help of Weatherby. Good ole Roy was looking for a company for the new Vangaurd series. Howa stepped up at a time Japanese goods were thought to be inferior. Browning followed suit soon afterwards. They are very high quality firearms. The Rossi line is still questionable. They will function, but accuracy is not quite where it should be and quality leaves something to be desired. Some of the Rossi line are very good. Their 1892 lever guns are great, but the single shot rifles really suck. Made in Brazil.

8. opaww

opaww New Member

I would not trade my Howa 1500 for all the money in the world. And if I ever get the money to get another one I am all for it.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Howa Axiom has an excellent reputation for accuracy and reliability. The guy a Cabelas is likely a Remingtim 700 fanboy. The Remington 700 is good, but far from perfect. Many custom rifle builders will not even build a gun based on the 700 action.

10. 00possum

00possum New Member

See I agree with all of you. I love the howa m1500 in 308. But I wanted a talon or axiom in 204, and wasn't sure what to think. And I'm not sure but aren't all the howa rifles a m1500 with a different stock?

11. fireguy

fireguy New Member

They offer a variety of barrel lengths, calibers, and barrel diameters in the same M1500 on at least five different stocks. You can get crowned and now they are making fluted barrels.
    http://www.legacysports.com/index.html

12. 00possum

00possum New Member

Well I knew that, i meant is the talon, axiom, thumbhole sporter, and ranchland all on the same action? I know they got different barrel lengths, calibers, stocks, and mags/clips. I was just wondering if you could buy a ranchland and drop the action and all in a talon or axiom stock.

13. fireguy

fireguy New Member

The answer is yes. The barreled action is the same in all of these. I don't know if stocks are caliber specific or not. I've never bought a stock for a rifle that it didn't come with.