Left handed guns

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by killerkilgore1990, Nov 24, 2012.

1. killerkilgore1990

killerkilgore1990 New Member

Ok are there any left handed handguns ( safety/mag drop)

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Glocks are usually like Legos, might find one of them. I know there are many with ambidextrous safeties and slide releases, but mag release you might be hard pressed. Look at Bersa. Think the Ruger SR9C might as well. There was a recent thread looking for a lefty semi-auto, might seek it out for more suggestions and help.

Thread titled South paw needs help. It's just down the page.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012

3. davva360

davva360 New Member

I can confirm the Ruger SR9 and SR9c both have ambi safety and ambi mag release. The only lever that is not ambi is the slide stop.

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Mostly all the Berettas are ambidextrous.

5. killerkilgore1990

Ok thanks ill be lookin at those then

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Stoeger as well. Check out the cougar.

7. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Some of the Taurus models have ambi safeties and the mag release can be switched to either side.

8. Griffworks

Griffworks New Member

The straight XD's all have ambidextrous magazine releases. The slide lock/release is on the left side of the frame, tho. Not sure about the XDM or XDS series of handguns from Springfield Armory, tho.

The Gen 4 Glock magazine releases can be swapped from Righty to Lefty fairly easily. Just a minor modification that takes a couple of minutes, per the instruction manual (I've never actually done it, myself).

9. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Cz85 combat is completely ambidextrous. Safety, mag release, and slide stop. Plus its a Cz

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

The only truly ambi gun that I have ever seen is the Bersa Ultra Compact Pro. Many guns have ambi safeties but not slide releases. The bersa has an ambi safety, ambi slide release and the mag release can be switched to either side.

I do not use a slide release on any handgun. I have found that is is much easier to grab the slide and pull back. That is how I train. If you had to defend yourself with a gun you were not familiar with, you would not waste valuable seconds looking for a lever.

11. 1911love

1911love New Member

I agree with Rick. I train by grabbing the slide, better muscle memory if you have a malfunction as well.

12. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Here is a pic of a cz 85 you can clearly see all the controls just as they would be on the left side of the gun.

ForumRunner_20121205_203350.jpg

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I see that you are right about the cz. But again, I would still not use the slide release. But that is just my thing.

14. DHawk2

DHawk2 New Member

The M&P line has slide release on both sides and the mag release is switchable.

15. Ranman

Ranman New Member

I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet on HK. My HK P30S is a truely ambi gun. I'm also left handed so this was a big issue for me. The HK has the mag release, slide release and safety on both sides.

[​IMG]

16. killerkilgore1990

Sr9 looks good to me hope to get one before the first of year

17. davva360

davva360 New Member

I don't think you will regret it. Love my SR9C. I tried a few other polymer pistols at the time and just liked it the best.

18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member