lee enfield time...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by janikphoto, Oct 2, 2008.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I've always thought about getting a british enfield. Well, classic arms has some available for a decent price.

http://www.classicarms.us/

Look down the page a bit, and you'll see the deal (until they run out and take it off the front page, anyway). Well, my question is this:

What should I look for when buying one? I've seen them for years and even read a good feature article on their history in Shotgun News. I know some about the rifles, but wanted to know if you all have any input. I know these aren't cheap like they were 15 years ago, when I saw my first enfield for $50 (why did i pass it up?!?).

Anyway, what are your thoughts? After shipping and ffl, I'll be spending about $200 to $215 for it. I haven't seen them any cheaper at recent gun shows...

2. LEADER

LEADER New Member

i have 3 there good the 303 will take deer size game easyly, some are chambered for 308. i have one it shoots good

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Great deal it seems.... I noticed he said they were five round bolt action. I hope it was only as typo as they were manufactured as ten round mags. Might be worth it to email and see if they are ten round or five. With a C&R I can avoid transfer fees. Hmmmm.............

No email and too late to call. Might find out tomorrow....

4. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

yeah, I have the paperwork filled out for the c&r, but never took it up to the police dept. I should get it finished though, so I can get some of the cheap wwII rifles/handguns I want to collect before they all disappear.