Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my enfield back from the gunsmith. I had it cleaned and looked over b/c I had previously had a primer fall out when I was shooting some surplus ammo.

I've recently done some reserch on the net about the SMLE... & I was wondering if anybody here knows anything about some of these markings that I found under the rear/top handguard.. they are stamped on the base of the barrel where it connects to the reciver.

I'll be posting this on some of the enfield forums also...

thanks for any info...

My Lee-Enfield #1 mark 3 SMLE

Here are the manufaturers mark.
a crown.
G.R
B
S (looks like two light strikes) LE
III (& 7pt star)

best pic of the additional markings above the serial # on the upper left (in the light glare) and above the last few digits of the serial #

and here is a few pic of the barrel markings (on the left of the barrel)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
surplus ammo. I had the bolt get locked down due to a primer falling out of the casing after the round fired. I had just bought the rifle & didnt know anything about firearms, so I handed the rifle over to a buddy of mine that told me what had happened. I was then told that I should take it to a gun smith and have it looked at before I fired it again... & until recently, she has been sitting in the corner, just sitting there.

I'm hoping to get some ammo in for it soon. & then I get to go to the range and play with it some :D. after that I hope to go to my first high power match shoot and use my enfield to compete.. I have heard several good things about this rifle design as well as the .303 british round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.