Lee Classic Turret

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by llewoh13, Dec 20, 2013.

1. llewoh13

llewoh13 New Member

Will be getting one for Christmas. Do I have to use CCI primers as the Lee Reloaders Manual suggests? Will be loading 45 ACP and later on, 40 S&W. Thanks.

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have 7 reloading presses set up. Every type from Dillion to RCBS, Lyman and Forester Co-Ax. I never considered the LEE presses as they simply did not look all that good. I can not pass up deals on reloading presses. I now have a little LEE turret added to my collection.
    I really like the little LEE. I use it for small batch reloading. They are fragile and ornery at times. The small plastic bushings that rotate the head are very tender. I have been able to epoxy these cut them out and continue their use. As for the funky primer feed it will work at times and is hard to adjust for positive feed. You will develop nice Abs from bending over and picking up primers from the floor. I do not like the CCI primers. That said, you will use CCI primers or you will be sorry. Other primers work but will choke up in the feed tube. Good luck!

3. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I use CCI, Winchester, TulAmmo, Magtech and Remington small and large pistol primers and haven't had an issue with any of them. good luck