Leather or synthetic shoulder holster...

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by stakhaus, Oct 30, 2011.

1. stakhaus

stakhaus New Member

I need some advice from those of you who carry, I am wanting to get a good shoulder holster. I have heard different opinions on leather vs synthetic holsters. I own an XDM 45 ACP 4.5.

Thoughts?

Thanks Stak...

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

In all my travels, in all my trials, I have NEVER found a rig as comfortable as the Galco Miami Jackass Shoulder Rig with the Enhanced/Wide Shoulder Straps for dispersing weight.

Hands down THE best shoulder rig I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot of them in 20 years of concealed carry. :cool:

JD

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

True story. Not only have I carried with that rig for a CCW, it also survived 14 months in Iraq. It's definitely worth the money if you want a shoulder rig.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just how I like wood and steel for guns, I like leather for holsters and such.

I don't use a shoulder holster, but if I did it would be leather. The one big downside I see to leather shoulder rigs, is that generally they usually are much more expensive than synthetics.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah you could say that my Galco Miami rig was 180 ish I believe it was 7 years ago so I could be off. My memory sucks nowadays.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Mine was 10x the price of a synthetic hip holster.

Then again, my suit isn't cut for a 2" or 3" wide "hip" bulge.

The Miami Jackass is the ULTIMATE for a classic, standard jacket in a 3 piece ensemble.

Living in the PNW, we have a LOT of rainy days. People here don't question overcoats, trenchcoats or backpacks. :cool:

Just sayin'

JD

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Is that leather?

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I thought it probably was because it's Galco, but I also know (or thought I knew) that they've started dealing in synthetics.

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

It is my holster system of choice for winter carry. It comfortably totes a Colt Government and two spare magazines.

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That was 04 when I bought it, I don't think they were into synthetics then. Well at least I don't remember seeing them.