leadddddd!!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by nick223, Feb 25, 2012.

1. nick223

nick223 New Member

Some one please give me a fast easy way to get this GD lead out of my barrel! Some one help

2. unclebear

unclebear New Member

with old 22's I take a brush attachment for my cleaning rode and run down the barrel 50,000 times and it usually gets the lead out.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

They make cleaners that help get the lead out of the barrel along with brushes and regular cleaning , Remington and Hoppes are what I use and it works great , their are others that work as well and some better but I get this locally .

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Drop your barrel into a bucket of WD40 and let it sit for about 15 minutes then run a brush down the barrel.

5. Tell_Sackett

Tell_Sackett New Member

Soak it in Kroil overnight and then scrub it out. Much better than WD, IMO.

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Run a patch soaked in sweets 7.62 its awesome on both copper an lead deposits ,let it set a min then brush the hell out of it ,u wont have to run it through 50000 times. Then run another patch soaked in sweets tgrough let set a min the run patches through till dry an clean

7. nick223

nick223 New Member

8. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

The sweets is great stuff stinks like hell but works killer on nasty barrels

9. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

I'd go with Kroil. You can but it cheap on Amazon if you can not find it locally.

10. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

White vineger with a small amount of water. It has worked for a 100 years and still does. Keep it of the blue.:)

11. nick223

nick223 New Member

Thanks so much vinegar and water is a miricale cure! Got all of it out in about 5 mins!

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Yes it works great. Most novice shooters only know about the expensive wonder cleaners sold down at the LGS. :)

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm shocked/ dissapointed there was no wisecracks. :)

14. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Was waiting for it......as well...