Lead free Shotgun ammo in Germany! Other countrys too

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Dostarms, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

Hi Ppl,

is there any diskussion in other countrys abaut establishing Lead free hunting ammo.

Thx for answers in advance

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

You must use lead free ammo on federal land in Germany.

3. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

Really i just thougth baden württemberg and lower Saxonia is starting 2014 with it.

ist it already established???? thought they still discusting, cause some of our manufactures here (Turkey) are not up to date then. Maybe i shall give them a hint.

How about other countrys. On another forum i read that sweden want to establish this too in 2006 but they withdraw.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I am in the Rheinland-Pflaz. It started earlier this year. Federal lands only. Not private hunting reviers or shooting ranges.

5. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

they say its due to natur protection but i doubt that. Cause the alternative Ammo is dangeraus for the natur too. and not so effizient( good developed ) as lead ammo.

What is your personal opinion in this case jaegermeister?

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If lead shot isn't eaten by animals it is harmless. Lead is inert, it can not leach into the soil. In fact, when lead shot is plowed into the soil it does not raise the levels of lead above what is naturally in the soil. There is plenty of lead shot in the soil in my fields. I have the soil tested every 3 years. The amount of lead never increases. Copper does increase because it is in herbicides. The copper is healthy for my plants. Soil testing is done by the USDA.

7. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Dostarms, Lead seems to have the same effect wordwide, yes it does kill and cause brain damage but now a days, mostly only if your looking down the business end of a barrel! Weve beat this subject up here pretty hard but really, it boils down to restricting lead usage in firearms is nonsense, lead is perfect for a projectile, finest kind, besides, using harder materials to manufacture bullets will ultimately end up causing more issues not less, can you say Sabot or Armor Piercing?

Its like saying we should run diesel fuel in our automobile that was made for Gasoline, makes no sense. We already know that we need to pick the shot out of the meat before its cooked and if we get a piece, spit it out and keep eating. We dont stop eating fish because they have bones do we?

Lastly, where do these Regulators think that lead came from, an Alchemist? It came from the ground below our feet and thats where it will end up when were done with it, whats the big deal with that?

8. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

Not valid argumentations?

So all argumentation about natur protection,lead is poisoning the groundwater, or the soil is not valid?

İam not native speaker so sorry for mistakes

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

You are doing Sehr Gut mein Freund! The unlike possibility is only in the case of a shooting range in a marsh that never recovers its lead (like the military bases).

10. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

yes i understand that

11. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The government is full of Green Party members. Thus, I believe the law is to protect nature. I do not agree that lead free ammo is destroying the environment, nor is it concentrated enough in shot game to be dangerous to humans. I reload my lead free ammo, but have seen no changes in accuracy. Lead free is way more expensive though. This Roe deer was shot with a lead free 130 grain Barnes X bullet in .308. Look at the size of the entrance.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

This Roe deer was shot with a Sellier and Bellot 180 grain SP lead bullet. Notice the size of this entrance wound.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
  13. Dostarms

Dostarms New Member

There is a diffenrenze yes but the first shot picture was in the soft underbelly(bauch, unterbauch). the second shot was in more Muscel meat. But i still agree with you. there have to be Shoting test with gun soap somewhere in the net.
    When i have bt more time i trie to find it.

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The lead trick goes back many years. Lawyers got many criminals off with the lead excuse. If you were reared in a poor tenement house and killed some one in a robbery it was not your fault. Your mind was warped from eating lead based paint from windows in your deprived bedroom as a child.
    Lead is cheaper than gold but has made a fortune for lawyers.:confused:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The only way that lead is harmful is if you eat it. I have seen all kinds of weird stuff, but I have never seen anyone roaming the woods looking to eat bullets.