LE only?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by clr8ter, Jan 13, 2013.

1. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

The case of Hornady Critical Duty I ordered recently came in. Right on the individual boxes in big letters, it says, "For Law Enforcement Only" Why do they bother putting that on there, if it gets sold to whoever wants it?

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Limits liability.

They told you so, but you didn't listen.

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

If you ever wind up in court for a shooting incident, (God forbid), Mr. Bad Guy's attorney will use this ammo to portray you to the jury as a blood thirsty gun slinger who couldn't wait for an excuse to shoot somebody.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most states that have a Castle Doctrine or a Stand Your Ground law also have a law stating you can not be sued for shooting in self defense. Here in NC if you are in civil court over a shooting that is the least of your problems. Your biggest problem is when Bubba gets a little frisky late at night.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So using the Hornady Critical Defense ammo that uses the exact same bullet would
    (potentially) not cause those problems? Sounds like we might be talking an over-exciteable prosecutor, huh?

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

a good defensive action is a good action. doesnt matter if you use a 155 howitzer or paintball gun.

the reason its on the box is because some communist states restrict certain types of ammo to le only. since you have some your not in one of those states

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

True. NH is pretty easygoing. We score very low on the Brady bill quiz! I was not aware that certain states restricted ammo like that. Although, it's not surprising......

8. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Read through some of California's gun laws sometime.

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I just got some Federal HST HP +P 9mm with the same warning on it. I just figured I got the good chit. I certainly wasn't sending it back.

10. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Some of the experts say the best defense is that you are using the same ammo issued to the police instead of super duper max load man killers. If it is good enough for the police it is good enough for you. Except in New Jersey.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Oh, I have heard quite a bit about Cali's gun laws here, and saw how it rates on the Quiz. I don't think I could live there....

"According to the State of California, EVERYTHING is known to give you Cancer."

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Although, so does "shot is shot", and "dead is dead".

13. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

If I could I would move in a minute. Even as retired LE it can be tough.

14. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

NH is a beautiful state and pretty easy going and apparently didn't care who they helped put back into the WH. But not to worry, cause one day they'll catch up to everyone else, which includes NY and ammo restrictions will be the last thing to worry about, cause there won't be nothing owned that they'll be able to use ammo in. NY is called the Empire state, cause our leaders think they're emperors like Caesar. NH is the Granit state, cause they take the 2nd Amendment for granted.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, we are also one of the smaller states, with less of a population than a lot of other states, so there was only a limited amount we could do for the election......our apologies, LOL

16. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

It is a small state and unless you voted for the present regime an apology isn't necessary from you personally, just like I can't control NYS votes. But the state itself cast it's vote for them, which is disappointing to put it nicely. Good old Vermont isn't any better. Mass. is having a real influence in New England. The swimmer(Ted Kennedy) is gone, but his way of thinking is a gift that just keeps on giving. It's kinda like the Trojan Horse, cause you never know what's gonna pop out of it. This country's gone bi-lingual and mad at the same time.

17. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I don't think we can own hollow points in NJ at all.

18. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Lol and you can still get a super size soda in NH!!

19. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I still can cause that's the bright idea of Mayor Bloomturd for NYC residents. I live outside that black hole of Calcutta. People in NH drink soda?

20. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yes, we like soda. MMMMMMM, soda.......It's one of my personal cravings. Although, even I see no need for a 3 gallon soda with my 2 cheeseburgers or popcorn.........