Lcr?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by David26, Jul 25, 2009.

1. David26

David26 New Member

Has anyone got there hands on the new ruger LCR yet. Went back a few pages and didnt c any post on it just like to know how a poloymer revolver does in the field c if i need to replace my 442.

2. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco New Member

I've messed with the LCR a bit. I passd it up as it seems like a "bic" in the world of ink pens. The cyl spin and pin just feels kinda funky. It is very light and with plus P's it ain't too bad to shoot. It shoots pretty well.

Personally, I think its kinda pricy for the "feel"

I can judge bad to shoot because I've fired a 454 cassul in a bond derringer, then had hand surgery.

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

David, you need to check with Cane. He's been carrying one lately and seems to like it quite a lot.

4. David26

David26 New Member

How did u like the Bond? I have been on the edge of ordering one of the Texas Defenders.

5. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

6. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco New Member

I hope nobody thinks I don't like the LCR, I think its a fine little gun and could probably learn to love it real quick. I'm just a 357 person. I've ponderd purchasing one several times and considered the Hornady "critical defense" or some super powered stuff like http://www.rbcd.net/

David,

I am still a Bond freak eventhough I sold them at my wife's request and probably better judgement knowing me.

I had slim grips created by Terry fant, the guy who makes the grips.

Its about the strongest gun I've ever ran across, it held up to a 454!

The fact is, for real protection you'd be better served with another gun since it weighs as much as a larger capacity gun.

Despite the listed weight on the 45/410, the smaller the caliber the heavier it is.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009