Lcp mag problem.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by armed1212, Oct 28, 2012.

1. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

I have now had 2 lcp mags crack on me. 1st at the range and a piece of the mag flew out while shooting. I sent it to ruger n they replaced it no problem, that was a 4months ago n now I have another cracked mag. At least I notice this 1 b4 a chunk broke off. Any 1 ever hear of this b4?

ForumRunner_20121028_112554.jpg

2. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Four of my mags were bought when the first LCP's hit the street, checked them, no cracks. Thanks for the post.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Nope. But my pistol is developing the slide and barrel hood preening issue that I'm learning is somewhat common with these. I'd call Ruger again. They may need to check the pistol out to see what is causing the problem. It may be the pistol and not the mag.

4. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Yea, they asked me to send it in. jus sucks to wit out my carry gun. But I guess its no good to me if it breaks at the time I need it.

5. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

So I got a ?, im going to send my lcp back to ruger so I take off my belt clip n laser? Will will the void my warranty?

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would be considering something else to carry.

And keep your belt clip and laser.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I just won an LCP at an FNRA dinner. I will trade or sell it as I carry a Sig 238. 100% reliable so far and fun to shoot. I had a P3AT which was miserable to shoot and tried an LCP which was not any better.

8. markie357

markie357 New Member

My wife and I just took our class for CPL, I'm new to EVERYTHING. Would that be a good carry gun for her? If so what do they cost/you want?

9. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Cpl? You in wa as well?

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

What does your wife think is the best carry gun for her?

I won't buy my wife shoes anymore. She doesn't wear what I buy and wears out what she buys.

She would be more likely to carry and use what she thinks is best for her.

(Oh, welcome to the FTF. Please stop by our "Introductions" area.)

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

No. Mags from Rugers are fine still. ProMags are another thing altogether.

12. markie357

markie357 New Member

CPL Concealed Pistol License is what I was told in MI, I am trying to learn more about pricing since I'm still learning and just don't want to get screwed with limited knowledge
    My wife won't listen so I'm researching what seem like good options so we can hopefully rent one to see if she likes it and is comfortable with it, with limited funds I don't want to waste money renting a gun that more experienced people (such as people on here) would think why the hell would you try that for her to carry. She is 5'2 bout 110-115 so my first thought was a 22 for her but then I was told I was nuts for that to carry, again trying to learn all I can so ANY advice is greatly appreciated

13. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Cool, wa calls it a cpl too. Try taking your wife to a range that has rental guns. Who knows, the best gun for her could be anything, glock, ruger, betetta, revolver, .38, .357, even a desert eagle 50. Good luck.

14. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

As JTJ mentioned above the P238 has been dependable and my wife carries one.

Lady's P238, ballpark price $600-$650 but if you look around you may get a little better deal.

[​IMG]

15. orangello

orangello New Member

This might be a good topic for your first thread. :)

I don't concealed carry. If she is completely new to firearms, i'm wondering if that tiny lil pistol might not be a bit scary to her at first. Maybe she should try out some slightly heavier pistols first; i LOVED my Bersa .380 (about $300).