Lc9

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by mahall, May 25, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Proud owner of the LC9 now!!

2. jedibiker

jedibiker New Member

Congrats! I love mine. I don't think you will be disappointed. It's a great carry piece.

3. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I to have one and think its a great little gun. Congrats on you getting one.

4. mahall

mahall New Member

Yes!! Was carrying the LCP!! But always felt underpowered! The 9 feels much better on my side!! Still like my bug(LCP) and it has its purpose, but the lc9 just feels like it was made to carry

5. IowaSteve

IowaSteve New Member

I recently bought an LC9 with the factory installed Crimson Trace laser. I cleaned it, shot a magazine through it to check function, recleaned it and then went to the police range and shot the FBI qualification course so I could renew my police retiree carry permit. I shot a 98%. I didn't think that was too bad considering the lack of familiarity I have with the gun. I was rather impressed with how it shot and handled. I've since carried it in a holster on my hip and it seems very comfortable. Of course, that has more to do with the holster than the gun, other than the lack of weight and bulk of the gun. I'm anxious to try it in an ankle holster but then I'd have leave my LCP home, unless I carry a Ruger on each ankle, ha ha!

6. mahall

mahall New Member

I use this weapon as my prime carry as well!! Very accurate from 30 feet or so!! Since I'm strictly a "carry for defense person" I keep my range practice to 30' feet in!! And it shoots very nice for my needs!! Easy gun to field strip and clean as well!! About 20 min to clean which I love as well!!