LC9 problems ? Thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by MenzRoom, Nov 4, 2013.

1. MenzRoom

MenzRoom New Member

I am thinking of getting a LC9, I hear such different thoughts on it. Some say it works perfectly others say it has failed many times over. I was wanting to hear form owners on here, I trust y'all's input more than some of the things I read cause I don't know who wrote it and why

2. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

Have had mine for about a year.....500 rounds or so with zero issues

3. jedibiker

jedibiker New Member

Put close to 1500 rounds through mine, and have had 1 FTL. I field strip and clean it after every range time; about 100 rounds each time. Maybe overkill, but I enjoy the work. Great gun IMO. I carry it every day and have 100% confidence in it.

4. MenzRoom

MenzRoom New Member

Thanks! I hope to see more thoughts on it and I also hope to hear from someone who did have problems, what where they and how/if was is resolved

5. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

No problems with mine, 500+ rounds. I just had a hard time getting use to what I thing is a long trigger pull. I seem a kit on line to shorten the pull and have been thinking about giving it a try.

Ken

6. TerryDM

TerryDM New Member

I had a problem- take a look lower down on a thread started by me. Excellent customer service!

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

As I posted in other places here, I will only repost that I have mine about a year & a half and 1200+ rounds with almost no issues, and no Major ones. I also have a review posted in the reviews section.

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

The LC9 is not my favorite gun to shoot, but I carry it regularly and it is hard to beat as a concealed carry gun. I carry in a Disantis Nemesis pocket holster in summer, when wearing cargo shorts, and in a Galco Stow-n-Go IWB holster @ 4 o'clock in winter.

Very comfortable to carry in both locations and the LC9 packs a good punch for a sub-compact CC gun. I trust my life to it!

I don't have any problem shooting 100 shots at a time out of it, but it will never be considered a top "range" gun.

OBTW, zero issues so far.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

Over 500 rounds through mine and no problems at all. It's my winter EDC.