Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I dont know if these have been compared together or not but I did a little review . Now Im pretty partial to my LC9 but the DB9 trigger is much much better than the LC9 and has a a shorter pull . The DB9 is a tad bit smaller and thinner than the LC9 , Its also a little bit shorter in height but holds one less round in the magazine DB9 6+1 , LC9 7+1 . Over all its a clean little CCW handgun, I havent taken it to the range yet but my buddies shoots spot on and is very accurate even stretched out past the normal 7 yards , the sights are a bit lower on the slide than the LC9 but taking aim was not bad at all . My buddy has ran 4 boxes / 200 rds thru his without a hiccup so Im hoping the same for this one .
I will be heading to the range on Monday to put a few rounds thru it
Here is a few comparison photos of size, Now keep in mind the LC9 has the extended mag plate on it .

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got to take a friends DB9 out today and ran about 90 rds thru it , I ran CCI , tula and remington thru it and it ran mostly flawless, I had one FTFeed on the tula rounds but I think it was a fluke because the rest of the box of 50 ran just fine . felt recoil was lesser than my LC9 , It was more accurate than I was it was a chilling 26 deg when I was out today, The trigger is lighter and alot less distance pull than the LC9 . I didnt run any self defense ammo thru it , its just to expensive to go out and run it thru it , I will do it when mine comes and make sure it runs . Cant wait until mine comes in . Now just need to get IL to hustle on the CCW
Another thing is this breaks down super super easy , much like my S&W sigma and glock. pull side back 3/4. push down release let slide down and pull trigger , slide slide forward and its off .

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have the LC9 and I haven't shot it much yet but I did add a laser to it and it does seem to group really well. The trigger does take some getting used to.

The DB9 looks like a good option. What do they cost? I could be talked out of the LC9 if something better were to come along.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the LC9 and I haven't shot it much yet but I did add a laser to it and it does seem to group really well. The trigger does take some getting used to.

The DB9 looks like a good option. What do they cost? I could be talked out of the LC9 if something better were to come along.
I think they sell for around $379 or so depending on the dealer . I will not be selling my LC9 but when we get the CCW here I will be carrying the DB9 , yes its one round short of the LC9 but no big deal if you cant make a threat stop in 7 shots you need more practice . It shot 3" groups at 7 yards and I had not had any trigger time with this one until today , I also shot with gloves on since it was 26 degrees , Either way I was impressed with it , I like not having all the safeties also actually is didnt have any safeties other than the DAO which is more than plenty for this type of firearm .
If you get a chance go rent one and put a box of shells thru it I think you too will be impressed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.