Law Enforcment knife

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by KaiTheGunGuy, Nov 27, 2011.

1. KaiTheGunGuy

KaiTheGunGuy New Member

Hat would be the best knife for Law Enforcement?

2. countryboy

countryboy New Member

A couple years ago spyderco made a knife called the civilian, I believe. It was intended for plain clothes police with a hawkbill type blade, not truly hooked, but enough to make it quite effective at slashing. Worth a look.

EXPENDABLE

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

While the Civilian may have been initially intended for plain clothes police, it is not very practical for LE use. The blade is very curved and has a very fine point, slashing is just about the only application.

A good LE knife needs to be multi-purpose. It depends on what your main duties are. A partially serrated blade is great for all types of cutting. A knife with a seat belt cutter and window breaker are very useful if you are on patrol. If you are working nacotics, a knife with a slight curve in the blade, like the Spyderco Cricket, is great for checking bundles. The size, and manner of opening and closing, depends on your personal preference. Personally, I carry several knives, I have a serrated Spyderco Cricket, a serrated Spyderco Endura, and a Leatherman. With those 3, and my seatbelt cutter/window breaker, I can do just about anything.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

+1 on this. A good knife for a cop is not necessarily the same as a good combat knife. If a cop is in a knife fight, there is something very seriously wrong. A good one would be very versatile and multipurpose, like with the seat belt cutter and window breaker as mentioned by glass.