Latest Find

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jeepcreep927, Jan 27, 2010.

1. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I guess I am starting to crack up. Why would I buy a 1911? I need to have my meds adjusted...

In the mean time here's my latest. A "new old stock" S&W Performance Center Doug Koenig Pro Series in .38 Super. I have wanted a .38 Super since I was a kid because, well, I think it sounds hot.

Nothing down range yet since I picked it up after dark last night and stuck at work today. Hopefully Friday will be a range day.

Attached Files:

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

SWEET!!! That is an awesome pistol you've got there. I can't wait to see the range report.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I think .38 Super would be a fun round to shoot. Enjoy that rascal. :D

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nothing wrong with the meds, that is a sweet addition to the family.

JD

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

7. N.D.

N.D. New Member

Nice find!

Very nice Pistol, gotta like those .38 supers,
    and I just cant wait to be able to (saving pennies)
    get a 9X23MM (.357 Mag.) commander! ;)

N.D.

8. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Jeezuz... I bailed out of work early today to shoot her. By absolute coincidence UPS dropped off 1,000 rounds of ammo, and the brandy-new four Tripp Cobra mags. (Outstanding by the way. A little pricey but seem well worth it)

Due to the craptastic weather here I didn't shoot for groups just shot a little steel off the back deck. The beauty of living in the sticks. I LOVE this gun. The frame to slide fit is super tight and smooth and the trigger can't be much more than 2.5-3 pounds with a little slack. I might try to adjust that out but the weight is perfect.

I have 2 other 1911's but usually prefer my Glocks and CZs, until now. I might just convert. Maybe Glocks do have the "ghey"? I think this is my favorite gun/ cartridge combo already. I can't keep my hands off it, almost like a new girlfriend...

And looking for grip suggestions. I want something fairly thin, with close cut SHARP checkering. I am thinking I might have to go to an aluminum grip, but VG makes what I think I want in linen and canvas micarta. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  9. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

At the shot show Hogue Grips is putting out an aluminum grip that feels fantastic, the checkering is just right and I don’t know what kind of coating they are putting on the grip but it gives a fantastic grip and feels just right. I’m going to order the pistol grip for my AR from them as soon as I can. I would recommend you check these out.

Attached Files:

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn nice find and a sharp 1911 Koenig Pro Series .38 Super, Jeep. :cool:

Scubie them are some nice aluminum grips too. Any online intell on them and their availability yet? :confused:

Jack

11. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Jack, they are available now and you can find them on the Hogue Webb site. Really, the feel of the coating is almost like a really light rubber feel that doesn’t feel like rubber.. I know that sounds stupid but it's the only way I can describe them. Once you pick up the weapon it feels like only an act of God could get it out of your hand. They also have them for a bunch of other manufactures.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That is one nice looking SW 1911!! :cool:

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

We're rubbing off gents....