Latest detroit gun buy back

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by jaywmu, Sep 3, 2010.

1. jaywmu

jaywmu New Member

468 people(mostly older and probably lawabiding people) got up to 25$ for a nonfunctional gun, 50$ for one functional gun, and 100$ for two or more functional guns. Someone even brought in a civil war era pistol. This newspaper article made me think two things. First, now there are 468 more homes for criminals to rob without worry of being shot. Second, i want to host my own gun buy back program, sounds like a great way to a good deal on some firearms.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I feel safer knowing that gang crime involving civil war era pistols will be reduced because of this. :rolleyes:

3. Eastex_Guns

Eastex_Guns New Member

Remember that those that are willing to give up their guns in this manner are:

willing to live under a subversive regime
    and likely would not have shot anyone in the first place
    or just so broke they needed the money

4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Or that they're stupid enough to believe that criminals are going to sell their guns.......

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I wonder if I an FFL could stand on the sidewalk (public property) outside the location where they are doing the buy back and hold a sign that says "will buy guns at a better price then inside". Sounds legal to me. :D

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You missed the part where it was in DETROIT, didn't you? :p

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree. There are buy back programs in Chicago a couple times a year. The news shows many, MANY guns all laid out on a table. First of all, I wonder what they do with all those guns and second of all, do they really think they are getting the guns from the gang bangers? I always seemed so stupid to me.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

The other night on one of those "reality" shows of clips of robberies & wrecks & such, i saw a clip of a guy robbing a convenience store or shooting the clerk with a BP cap-n-ball revolver, brass framed. Of course, the narrator described it as a .357 magnum. :rolleyes:

9. bkt

bkt New Member

It wouldn't surprise me if some folks just had an old p.o.s. lying around and decided to pick up some free cash in exchange. They don't turn in the good stuff.

But turning in a Civil War-era pistol?? How friggin' dense do you have to be to do that rather than have it appraised and sell it at auction? Assclown.