Firearms Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 3rd DW yesterday, this one in .357 with a 4 inch barrel. Already have the 2 1/2 inch barrel kit coming in for it. This is a Monson made I found on Gunbroker. I've been slowly collecting grips from all over the web so I can transform them based on what I'm doing. I've already put these grips away and replaced them with Pachmayrs as I like to shoot with them vs wood.

If you folks haven't tried a DW yet - you should as they are in the same class as S&W and Colt at much less $$$...

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK. I'll take a look.

If I find it, just send me a few bucks to cover shipping and I'll send it along. (I'm 80% sure I know right were it is though).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love these guns

The first handgun I ever owned was a DW 357 model 12. Had to sell it and a couple of cars in exchange for 3 kids...a story for another time...

Back to the DWs. I've picked up 17 Dan Wessons (11 357s, 4 44 mags and 2 357 supermags) in the past year and a half, along with about 30 grips, grip screws, spring kits and a variety of barrels up to 10". These guns get a knock from a lot of "enthusiasts", but for the money, I think they are great guns; and I have spent into the thousands for a few of my handguns. Of course, they are "better", but no more fun to shoot.

I've "hotrodded" (Magna-ported barrels, action job, hotblued) a couple of the guns for which I have the four barrel sets. They look and shoot great. Keep the dream alive and continue to look for, buy, shoot and talk about your old Dan Wessons.

Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
1HD1,
Since you just joined, and have a low post count, I figured I'd ask if you're familiar with the way the bulletin board software works. - The reason I asked is that I send you a Private Message, and if this is new to you, it's easy to miss.

·
Registered
61 Posts
can you tell where to get any used gun barrels that will fit the 14-2 series dw 357/38 pistol. thanks from bobs.
Bob S.

If you still have this thread bookmarked...

I came across what I think is a 14 series barrel. (not whole pistol though)

It has a sight that is WAY lower than the other barrels I have, and I have seen a pic on the net where one like it was installed on a gun with a rear site that is sculpted out from the frame (not the adjustable one I have)

It's a 2 inch barrel/shroud combo.

I can't really use it, so I'm going to put it up for sale (or trade for a regular 15-series equal) but since I remember you asking from way-back, I figured I'd give you the first shot at it.

lemme know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts