Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just bought our first gun. We're picking it up this Thursday and will be shooting by Friday.

Took a while to win her over on the idea. Neither of us grew up with guns and we have kids in the house.

Once I got the go ahead, I began the research process.

Ended up landing with a Ruger GP100. Funny because we went to the range expecting to buy the S&W 686. We tried the Ruger just to say we shot more than one. LOVED it. We were both hitting black from 40 feet on the second load.

Anyway, I have a lot of questions about what kind of ammo to use, how to change grips (I hate the finger placement grip the new Rugers have), safes, reloading amma, etc... but I'll post them on other threads.

Stoked to part of the community.
daveg

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ[/ame]

Great choice. The Rugers are built like tanks. Switching out grips is a piece of cake.

Have you taken any classes yet?

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

The GP100 is an excellent revolver. Have you both taken a handgun safety class? If not, it will be well worth your time to do so.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I envy you. Don't be upset when she outshoots you by the way...
;)
Enjoy the safe shooting sports!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We haven't taken the course yet. We wanted to have our own gun to do the course with. Figured it would get us more familiar with our own firearm than taking it with someone else's.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congratulations on an excellent gun! It'll shoot a light load (38) or a heavy load (357). What more could you want?! Simplicity and reliability of a revolver ... and it's a Ruger! I'd like one myself.
Ruger makes such excellent guns!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
If you pick the gun up Thursday, pick up a gun safe Wednesday. Keyless, and the kids do not know the combination, and you never open it with them around.

Rugers are great handguns and riffles.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. Make sure both of you have good hearing protection before you bust the first cap. Fingers stuck in the ears is not an option. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts